OT: Costco canopy replacement cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Costco canopy replacement cover?

I have a 10x20' canopy, the kind with side and end tarps that go down nearly to ground level. Mine is just outside my shop door and I do a lot of storage under it and also work under it sometimes. The Seattle area recently had a large windstorm and my top tarp (the roof) disintegrated and now I need a replacement.

The last time I needed a replacement I bought the first one I could find online. The price was reasonable, but it only lasted 18 months despite being "100% UV treated". Googling, I see several vendors offering replacement tops anywhere from about $40 up to about $90. The ones that bother listing any specifications at all say 6 oz. per square yard polyethylene with aluminum grommets every 18", UV treated. None of them gives an estimated lifetime and for sure none of them even hint at a warranty.

I can't figure out which ones are good and which ones aren't. The original that came from Costco lasted about 7 years.

metalmagpie

Buy the cheap one. If that goes too fast, buy the expensive one next. If that goes too fast, go back to the cheap ones.

Comment

I use the silver tarps and have had great luck getting 5-6 years out of them.

Comment

Check the Menards web site as the had the replacements for sale in their stores. Also check tractor supply web site
        Glen
        Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
        I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
        All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

I throw a silver tap over the top of the junk tents. Lasts a few years and when that goes, throw over another. I have 3 (or maybe 4?) on my old wood pile tent now. $40-90? Probably the same thing tent... just a different price.

Or... You can buy an aluminum roofed 10x20 for $795..
          Last edited by lakeside53; 11-08-2014, 12:10 AM.

Comment

silver tarp over has been working for me for about eight years , sadly this year have to finally replace top. Northern tool has them don't know about quality but price is not that bad .
            Richard

Comment

Check out Farmtek............ I bought a replacement for my canopy. Some of their tarps have a 15 year warranty. They will also custom make them.

JL.................

https://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplie...buildings.html

Comment

Buy one from McMaster. Their stuff is usually good quality.
                Paul A.
                SE Texas

Make it fit.
                You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
                  Buy one from McMaster. Their stuff is usually good quality.
                  Hmm. Didn't see one. Got a link?

Comment

I get my greenhouse supplies and equipment from FarmTeK. The greenhouse cover was warranted for 3 years, lasted 6.

Standard disclaimer - no interest in company, just a happy customer.
                    Kevin

More tools than sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X