Used mill opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used mill opinions please

I found a used mill on Craigslist. Asking 900$. I will copy the post. I would like anyone's
    2 cents. Be as brutal as you'd like. It's a Burke number 4 vertical and horizontal. I am going to take some pics as well. Going to do some research before getting serious about it. Thanks guys

For sale is a burke number 4 milling machine complete with the coveted vertical milling attachment. This is a fabulous little horizontal mill that doubles as a vertical milling machine. The mill comes with the vertical attachment, 3 colllets for holding endmills, an arbor for horizontal cutting, and a few cutters. It is on the original burke stand but can also be benchtop mounted if you wish.

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
    (google map) (yahoo map)

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
    post id: 4746755603 posted: 14 days ago email to friend ♥ best of [?]

If the current CL is any indication, I would certainly start at a lower $$$ figure, based solely on what else is available.

Largely a matter of condition, that vertical head is tougher to find...small but IMO better built than some other smaller mills, Yahoo! group so there is a community for info, suggestions and "support"

Comment

Where you are, in what ought to be the tool-rich east (you may be a bit out of the major area of Ohio and NY) that seems like it should be lower. Yeah vertical head... but seems high for the location

Keep eye on ball.
      Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
        Where you are, in what ought to be the tool-rich east (you may be a bit out of the major area of Ohio and NY) that seems like it should be lower. Yeah vertical head... but seems high for the location
        I live just outside pittsburgh. I thought it a little high too. I'm going to take a look at it, but certainly will not meet that tarriff. I can wait for a better deal

Comment

And of course it's all about condition & availabily of parts & accessories. If it looks good bring out $500 cash & he'll probably take it.
          "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
          world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
          country, in easy stages."
          ~ James Madison

Comment

Even here in the northeast, small horizontal mills are tough to find.
            $900 seems a little high, but I don't think that $750 would be out of line if it's in decent shape.

Comment

Working...
            X