No announcement yet.

Bison Set Tru Chuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course, as a last (first?) resort you could always use "soft jaws" as they will be a lot easier than mounting/remounting and adjusting a Bison chuck - lot cheaper too.

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.
    Last edited by oldtiffie; 11-29-2014, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Last resort? I do that too even on my set-tru chucks! But soft jaws aren't suitable for all work holding.

Comment

They are as good as most.

6-Jaw chucks seem to presume that the part is quite round so as to grip evenly on all jaws - if not they will/may only grip on say 4 jaws - and they may be either all together or maybe spread about.

3-jaw chucks with soft jaws grip on a "tri-pod" manner and are more even to counter the "out of round" in the part to be held.

6-jaw chucks are sometimes used to grip "thin skinned" parts with minimum chance of crushing them - as would be the case if gripping an egg-shell.

There is a lot of bison-related stuff here.

Comment

My Bison chuck has four adjusting screws that are not 90 degrees apart. The orange tape indicates the location of the screws.

Comment

Working...
          X