X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good omen for a happy life

On the news here in OZ last night.

What a way to start (finish?)

A Hobart bride is hospitalised and her groom and his best man charged with disorderly conduct following an alcohol-fuelled brawl at their wedding reception.

Only in OZ?

That's a bloody good wedding in Glasgow, it's traditional
    Mark

Comment

Might be a good life, might not be too long though.
      mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

Different reason for a fight at a wedding.!

Originally posted by boslab View Post
        That's a bloody good wedding in Glasgow, it's traditional
        Mark
        I had two relatives, one was the foundry master at the local steelworks, the other, his brother was his labourer. When ww2 came about the labourer got conscripted, the foundry master exempted. Foundry master's wife ran a shop, did well on black market deals. When war was over foundry master and family were among the first to go on continental ( ie european) holidays. Fast forward to a wedding circa 1954, Foundry master got loaded at a wedding reception, began boasting about holidays in Europe. Labourer ,( Who had literally walked to Berlin and back) also loaded eventually said" You weren't so *******keen on foreign travel between 1939 and 1945" Major fight broke out, mum and dad grabbed me and left, half of our big family saw jail, some never spoke to others for years! Regards David Powell.

Comment

I had a conversation with a seat mate on a flight several years ago. He was going to his brother's wedding and anticipating a good time. At the last family wedding there had been a big fight and they had to pay for damages. So he was bringing $600 along for this occasion in case they had another wedding as good as the last.
          "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by David Powell View Post
            I had two relatives, one was the foundry master at the local steelworks, the other, his brother was his labourer. When ww2 came about the labourer got conscripted, the foundry master exempted. Foundry master's wife ran a shop, did well on black market deals. When war was over foundry master and family were among the first to go on continental ( ie european) holidays. Fast forward to a wedding circa 1954, Foundry master got loaded at a wedding reception, began boasting about holidays in Europe. Labourer ,( Who had literally walked to Berlin and back) also loaded eventually said" You weren't so *******keen on foreign travel between 1939 and 1945" Major fight broke out, mum and dad grabbed me and left, half of our big family saw jail, some never spoke to others for years! Regards David Powell.
            Now that is seriously funny!

Comment

I have a picture of my older brothers wedding. Mom is so angry you can see lightning bolts in her eyes. It was sad because the problem wasn't his bride but her own son. Families are generally messy affairs one way or the other.

Comment

Sounds like just another Sudbury Saturday night!
                You can choose your friends but not your family...
                Cheers,
                Jon

Comment

Its not a proper wedding till the fighting starts.

MBB

Comment

Well I must say that I have heard of quite a few weddings where the fighting starts and they finish off at the funeral!, but it is a strange country Wales, the fighting got worse after the body was dug up for DNA testing to find the deceased had a few more kids than he thought
                    Mark

Comment

A very exciting extended family.

Originally posted by boslab View Post
                      Well I must say that I have heard of quite a few weddings where the fighting starts and they finish off at the funeral!, but it is a strange country Wales, the fighting got worse after the body was dug up for DNA testing to find the deceased had a few more kids than he thought
                      Mark
                      I am from Buckley, N Wales. In the early 1900s there were two large families, three brothers from one family married three sisters from the other one brother was killed in WW1 and his children were unofficially, probably illegally, and secretly adopted by other members of the families. As a result I seem to be related to half the town! When I was a teenager and started dating a couple of times I was warned " Better not get too involved there--- that girl is too closely related for comfort", even though I had no idea of any connection. We are still trying to unravel the whole story, it is not a family tree, more like a field of rough vegetation. Regards David Powell.

Comment

Working...
                      X