• Show
Clear All

• Guido
    replied
    PICdesign.com

Leave a comment:

• PStechPaul
    replied
    Also check www.surplusshed.com. They have a wide assortment of gears in your price range. Also maybe consider getting plastic pulleys for timing belts, and reshape the cogs to correct gear tooth form.

Leave a comment:

• Stepside
    replied
    Google Stock Drive Products

Leave a comment:

• The Artful Bodger
    replied
    Maybe form your own gears?

Just press the steel gear against the spinning plastic blank and friction will soften the plastic enough to for the teeth.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Fisher
    replied
    Try McMaster Carr, they carry a good selection of plastic gears. Bob.

Leave a comment:

• mickeyf
    replied
    Last year's printers, from the recycle center, neighbor's trash or yard sale.

Leave a comment:

• Weekend_Scientist
    replied
    Not sure how much force the "small plastic" gears will need to stand up to but since they are "small" and "plastic" I do have one suggestion: LEGO. LEGO Technic has a lot of small plastic gear parts including some crown gears. Another "toy" that may have useable parts: Kinex.

Leave a comment:

• BigBoy1
    started a topic Small Plastic Gears

Small Plastic Gears

I have a project which requires small plastic bevel or crown gears. I'm looking for ones in the 1.25" - 2" (30mm - 50mm) diameter range. I've done Google searches, eBay searches, which have yielded gears which are in 1/2"- 3/4" diameter range or ones which can be special orders for $50 each. I'd like to find ones which are cheap ($1) range and would appreciate if anyone who would happen to know of a place where I could get them. Thanks.
Working...
X