X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBEW disease

Woweee,
    Seems like I've caught Ibew's disease.
    Not certain which one, The IBEW round a candle flame or the IBEW shiney magpie one

Just got my new Shutatech DRO read out today and been playing for a bit after tea [ no soaps on ]

http://www.shumatech.com/products/dro-350/index.htm

Got the main display box fitted up and a new legend printed for the front but can't fit this until tomorrow as I'm out of spray glue.

This unit uses the cheap Chinese scales as readers. Got a 8" scale for the cross slide on the lathe and I'll wait a while for the long bed axis scale as I want to see if an encoder rolling along the bed, like a trav-a-dial, will be accurate for my needs.

If I get a moment tomorrow I'll get the scale fitted to the cross side and give it a whirl. If not it will probably have to wait a while as next week is shutdown week here and I'll be busier than a one armed paper hanger.

John S.

PS, We love you IBEW, don't change.

[This message has been edited by John Stevenson (edited 05-27-2004).]

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

I've looked at those, let us know how you like it.

Mike

Comment

I've got mine all made and it works even. Now I'm in the process of attaching the leads to the scales. Then back on the mill - yahoo!

I'll have to build another one for the lathe but I'd like to get smaller scales if I can without paying a fortune.

Comment

I don't understand what you are saying...
        Look, something shiny.. gotta run.. HUH? Look ... huh? what? why did you call me?

I bent this perfectly good 16" long 1 1/4 drill bit today, one lil typo using g81, X,Y Z okay, but R was a bit low (about 30 thou)

You know you are small when you only have ONE drill bit in a size. I might cut it off.

Silly cnc won't listen when I tell it to stop. Does yours listen to you JOHN? I wonder how to wire that up.

I may make it a career in drilling these 48 holes. I think I might investigate milling them in circular mode.. spiral milling..

David

David...

Comment

CNC needs an undo button luke on compouters. Xall it: "PCB" (Put chips back).

Comment

Hey Forrest I think you have something there.
            Probably more in the line of a welding torch set up as a tool.
            Cnc does a cut, ooops, swaps cutting tool for welding head, drops bead of weld down in revere to last cut, Swaps tool back, peers at code to get fly dot off screen and redoes it right this time.
            PCB seems a good title as it's hard to get "**** happens" on a samll button.

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Hi guys,
              You won't need the PCB command if you the DWIM (Do What I Meam) command.
              Joe

Comment

IBEW, just put a VOX on the master stop. Use voice recognition software to stop.

Comment

Run the tool backwards and throw on chips to undo.

Comment

David, your E-Stop needs a mechanical power disconnect.
                    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Mechanical power dissconnect? I thought that was my hand.

Perhaps a counter to count how many times I open the "beer" fridge too? with a dissconnect?

One thing I noticed, my unruly pup, when I have a stick or something long in my hand he minds really good. Maybe I just need to teach the cnc respect too?

JOHN: has anyone wrote any code to read the serial data into a pc outa them shuma-tech linear readouts? it is a funny wave transmission.. I bought one to play with but not had time yet.

David

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 05-28-2004).]

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ibewgypsie:
                        JOHN: has anyone wrote any code to read the serial data into a pc outa them shuma-tech linear readouts? it is a funny wave transmission.. I bought one to play with but not had time yet.

David
                        </font>
                        On the Yahoo Shumatech group there is talk of porting the whole lot over to a PC. Choice of number of axis, choice of Chinese scales or encoders, choice of platform, Windows, mac or linux, Open source.
                        Loads of shiney things to play with.

Still not got chance to do much with mine.
                        Bloody customers kept interupting all day.

John S.

Comment

Working...
                        X