OT - Clear Duct Tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - Clear Duct Tape

I saw an ad on the tube for a ratical new change in the best known and universal tool of the last hundred years: Clear Duct Tape. Now we don't have the see the familiar silver colour that we come to expect from sudden repairs that we say will be temporary and end up lasting for years.

Can we expect "The New New Red Green" coming to PBS in the states from those have imortalized this fine tool?

Jerry

ps, I also have black duct tape somewhere in my shop.

Funny you should mention that. Just returned from hardware store with a new roll of the stuff.

Not really clear though, more opaque.

Still.. it that "transparent aluminum" that I'm waiting for.

Comment

To make transparent aluminum, you need a Scotish engineer, an old Mac computer and own the video of that Star Trek so you can look at the diagram of the material.

Comment

Aluminum oxide IS transparent. The one that gets me is how is it possible for glass to have over 50% lead and still be transparent?
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

They use aluminum duct tape in the A/C ductwork business, just call it another name. Great stuff, just too darn expensive.
          Tractor trailer's repair hole kits include the same stuff but with a rubber layer to help keep out water. Bought a roll of that stuff in Richmond,Va to cover a fuel tank hole, and it was $26 a roll. Might be 30 feet on a roll.
          David from jax
          A serious accident is one that money can't fix.

Comment

The boys at Possum Lodge have been notified and will put an end to this heresy. "Duck Tape" is grey and grey only. All others are pretenders and will be band from your store shelves. Have you not seen the movie "Duck Tape Forever"?

Comment

Duct tape is one of the worst tapes ever invented. The adheasive is rubber based crap and will deteriorate. That's why it's not used for duct work.

AO is not transparent, it's translucent. Glass is trasparent and can contain 70+% sand.

Also, it's the stuff they add to the glass formula that makes it "clear".

[This message has been edited by CCWKen (edited 05-25-2004).]

Comment

Wuh?
                I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

The range of materials used to make "glasses" is large. There are many combinations and many of them contain no silicon at all. See these guys:

http://www.crystran.co.uk/caf2data.htm

BTW, most are not glasses at all, but crystals.

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited 05-26-2004).]
                  Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I just watched "Duct Tape Forever", a little corny but really cute in the Red Green style.

Jerry

Comment

Remember-"I'm a man but I can change,if I have to,I guess" And keep your stick on the ice too!

[This message has been edited by wierdscience (edited 05-28-2004).]
                      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

"If the women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."

Frank

Comment

Working...
                        X