• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• somewhat OT - This really has to be a joke

At least I hope so.

In the local Craigs list tools section:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/tls/4805603094.html

It's not a joke to the seller--I see ads like that all the time on our local Craigslist. Let's face it; not everybody understands tools like we do...
    Keith

Comment

Quote from ad, "Condition: good"

Good for what?

What does this guy do, dumpster dive for broken tools he can sell?
      Paul A.
      SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
      You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

dont think its a joke, made me laugh as good as one though, seriously though i was at the swap meet last weekend and guys were wanting crazy prices for absolute junk, i was really discouraged and didn't buy much, maybe because its holiday season?

Comment

Looks like a useable tool to me. ...after all, you only strike with one face of the hammer at a time.
          Should fetch about half the price of a complete one.
          Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Whaddya expect? You live in MA!

Comment

Aside from the somewhat? inflated price that type hammer has found good use in my shop - my local junk guy had dozens of them from a closed military facility for 50 cents each. I picked up several and turned/made up lead and brass heads for them and keep them scattered thru the shop - especially good at the lathe and mill.
              If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

Comment

At least the guy included a good photo showing the obvious. Who knows perhaps he'll get a buyer as naive about tools as he is.
                The ads that really suck are the ones where an item is described as in good working order when the seller knows it's a POS internally.
                Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Here's a similar one:

Dt

Comment

When a union millwright showed up on jobsite with a one clawed carpenters' hammer, you knew you had aggravated his business agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
                      When a union millwright showed up on jobsite with a one clawed carpenters' hammer, you knew you had aggravated his business agent.
                      Over here in Germany a one claw hammer is how you buy them. No joke. When I first came here I found three hammers with only one claw. I threw them away. Then went to the local tool house and all the new hammers were like the ones I threw away. I will get a picture tomorrow of one of the hammers. I haven't seen a real claw hammer since I came here.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

That is actually a false description as it is a half hammer .lol Alistair
                        Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

I'm just gonna leave this here:

Linky

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
                            Over here in Germany a one claw hammer is how you buy them. No joke. When I first came here I found three hammers with only one claw. I threw them away. Then went to the local tool house and all the new hammers were like the ones I threw away. I will get a picture tomorrow of one of the hammers. I haven't seen a real claw hammer since I came here.
                            My curiosity got the better of me and I found some "German pattern" hammers on Google. For those interested, check out the image below:

http://www.fine-tools.com/h302915.jpg

Comment

Aw, come on fellas... quit making fun of him!

If he would have posted that idea on this forum he would have at least 25 replies stating how clever he was, three of which, requesting a complete set of detailed drawings so they could make one too!

Comment

Working...
                              X