End mill gloat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End mill gloat

I have always had a problem breaking small end mills. Solved it today with 360 of them along with some punches for my roper whitney punch and some other stuff for $350
    most of them are YG and they are all under 1/8" except for some 1/2" solid carbide.

[IMG]http://www.kimfab.com/pictures/forum/endmilla.JPG[/IMG]

There's the necessary picture can't remember the proper coding to make it appear in the thread.
    Last edited by KIMFAB; 12-24-2014, 12:08 PM.
    Guaranteed not to rust, bust, collect dust, bend, chip, crack or peel

And they came with storage tubes, very nice. You suck.

Comment

Very nice! And if you break them on a daily basis, you've got nearly a year's worth!
      "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

Originally posted by KIMFAB View Post
        I have always had a problem breaking small end mills. Solved it today with 360 of them along with some punches for my roper whitney punch and some other stuff for $350
        most of them are YG and they are all under 1/8" except for some 1/2" solid carbide.

[img] http://www.kimfab.com/pictures/forum/endmilla.JPG [img/]

There's the necessary picture can't remember the proper coding to make it appear in the thread.
        I have a friend that thinks like you. He has a boat. Last time I was on the boat I noticed some water in the hull down below. I told him and he said he knows he needs to get a bigger bilge pump!!!!! Hello, fix the damn leak I told him.

So maybe you need to get a better grip on speeds and feeds!!!! But having a box full of end mills is definitely a YOU SUCK moment! I am just envious.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by KIMFAB View Post
          I have always had a problem breaking small end mills. Solved it today .
          Solved it today?
          You didn't solve anything, you going to brake the whole box full. ?

Comment

Image code is -

[IMG] http://www.kimfab.com/pictures/forum/endmilla.JPG [/IMG]

Leave out the spaces.

Nice score.
            Nev.

Comment

Nice find!
              It's not a temporary solution if you have that many of them!

Comment

That's a serious amount of end mills! Now are they all used or are there some new ones in there? It looks to me that most of the tubes are opened, and they seem awfully long for tiny end mills.

Like BF was alluding to, you've got a solution to a problem which doesn't exist but it should mask the one you do have brilliantly. And for a long time to come.

I had gotten about a dozen high quality end mills for free a couple of years ago, so HSS and an equal number of carbide. I still have them all, and I think one carbide and one HSs are somewhat dull.

Comment

I hope you get coal in your stocking.
                  The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

They are all new and double ended. There are about 25 extended reach units.
                    Sad story tho - my friend in the tool business finally closed down and is getting rid of what's left. I'll probably peddle quite a few of these.

BF side note I had the four big bilge pumps from a Navy DUKW amphibious vehicle with a 4" pipe for each driven off the engine.
                    They could take heavy water over the bow and be drained by the time for the next wave.

Still can't seem to get the picture to show tho.
                    Last edited by KIMFAB; 12-24-2014, 01:03 PM.
                    Guaranteed not to rust, bust, collect dust, bend, chip, crack or peel

Comment

KIMFAB,I don't understand your first post. I have never had a problem breaking small end mills. Anyway, nice score.

Comment

Knowing just a bit about the OP (from having read many of his posts here and elsewhere) I suspect he was being just a bit facetious when he said he has " always had a problem breaking small end mills".

Nice score, even if it was under less than great circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                        X