OT:Mamod Centurion Steam Traction Engine on DIY Rolling Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT:Mamod Centurion Steam Traction Engine on DIY Rolling Road

I made up a fairly simple 'rolling road' for a Mamod steam traction engine by turning up some steel inserts and
    putting them into the ends of some electrical PVC pipe, it turned out ok and lets me work on a traction engine of my
    steam desk.

Thanks for looking.

Love it. I have the larger Mamod oscillating-cylinder stationary engine- got it as a kid, haven't fired it in years.

Comment

Thanks Carl, you should get your old Mamod down and fire it up and bring back some memories.

Comment

Nice!!! I had to shut the video off part way through and look out my back door to see why a dog was barking in my back yard. It was your dog!! Very nice engine.---Brian
        Brian Rupnow

Comment

Thanks Brian

Comment

Originally posted by JimDobson View Post
            Thanks Carl, you should get your old Mamod down and fire it up and bring back some memories.
            In a couple of years, when my granddaughter can reliably follow instructions. Someday, it'll be hers.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlByrns View Post
              In a couple of years, when my granddaughter can reliably follow instructions. Someday, it'll be hers.

That's fantastic.

I have my Dads Mamod stationary that's older than me, my children used to watch it run and now my grandchildren watch it run. Out of all my engines, that's the one that's the most special to me.

Comment

Very nice!
                I have one that looks almost exactly like yours, but it's missing the burner tray. I could probably make a new burner tray, although I know spares are available.
                Thomas

Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back
                - Piet Hein

Comment

Working...
                X