Tennis elbow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennis elbow.

Does anyone have any experience with severe tendinitis.It is making my life a misery. I have tried anti inflammatory s and a voltaren injection in the arse. It hasnt helped and I am starting to battle to work without feeling clumsy and in pain.How do I get rid of it?

Originally posted by plunger View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with severe tendinitis.It is making my life a misery. I have tried anti inflammatory s and a voltaren injection in the arse. It hasnt helped and I am starting to battle to work without feeling clumsy and in pain.How do I get rid of it?
    You're using one arm in a repetitive movement more than the other. It can also be caused by too much weight, too often in the outstretched arm. Think about how you're working, try doing tasks with your non-dominant arm. Don't lift heavy items with your arm outstretched. Change your works habit and it will get better, but it can take months.

Comment

I take a supplement called Turmeric Curcumin 1050mg.
      It seems to help with several of my aging related chain-balls...........
      ......... but might just be placebo, who knows.
      said to be good for inflammation in general.
      ==========
      Baby~ed a damaged elbo for two years.
      My wife knit me up a heavy REAL Wool tube for the elbo.
      The wool does something that nothing else does.
      I also swear by the pressure/release remedy. (wrap-unwrap)
      as often as necessary, thru-out the day.

I have little lee-way in how I use my limbs, but I 2nd Rosco's assertion.
      Last edited by Old Hat; 12-31-2014, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Phil, everybody, even the ambidextrous use one arm more than the other. It's such a habit that you don't realize you're doing it. If mine didn't go away, I'd be trying one of those sports sleeves with the copper knitted into them.

Comment

True, and a cry'n shame too.
          I could deliver such a left, on demand!
          And the demand is in good supply.

But allass, there's bills ta pay!

Comment

Last time (most of last year) it took me a year to get 90% functionality back. I've had it several times over the past 10 years. Sucks...

You can get steroid shots (bad long term), surgery (not unless I really have too) or just back way off and wait it out. I had to learn NOT lift with my hand facing down.
            Last edited by lakeside53; 12-31-2014, 11:55 AM.

Comment

When I had what the doctor assured me was tennis elbow (I don't play tennis) he gave me a steroid injection in the elbow and it was better before I got home and never came back. YMMV. Never had such a sudden improvement in a condition before or after in my entire life. Steroid shots are very variable in their effect on different conditions. A steroid shot for my frozen should appeared to have no effect at all.
              "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

Comment

Anti-inflammatories and time are really the only thing that helps. That and being aware of what specific thing you're doing that is stressing that tendon the most and modifing that action. I've had it couple of different times on both elbows and for me it's always been either an extreme gripping action or a torquing action such as tightening /loosening allen bolts with a t-handle type wrench. While culmintive stress can give issue my experience is that PLUS an extreme event that causes me the problem.
                The day-to-day pain is one thing but for me was the pain/ache I had when sleeping strangely enough. During the day,when using it it wasn't too bad. It was while sleeping, while having my arm bent, that caused me the worst pain. It would stiffen up so much that it would wake me. I'd have to flex it repeatedly until it loosened up. Getting old sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxxLagg View Post
                  The day-to-day pain is one thing but for me was the pain/ache I had when sleeping strangely enough. During the day,when using it it wasn't too bad. It was while sleeping, while having my arm bent, that caused me the worst pain. It would stiffen up so much that it would wake me. I'd have to flex it repeatedly until it loosened up. Getting old sucks.
                  That is exactly how it was for me.

Comment

I am ambidextrous but have it in both arms. But the left is far far worse.If I also sleep it also gets very stiff and feels like my lower arm is bruised. I also have had this before and took about a year to go. I wonder what could trigger it off besides overuse. But this time its causing me to lose my dexterity.

Comment

DMSO was approved for the first time a couple years ago. The product is called Pennsaid which means penetrating nsaid. It is a topical preparation combined with Voltaren's active ingredient, Diclofenac. You can also get Voltaren gel from your Doctor and your own DMSO and use together. Apply it four times a day and it will go away in a few days. For those who don't know DMSO, it will take almost anything through the skin into the tissue. Fot that reason you need to be careful what is on your hands when applying it. I have been using it for years with great results. It is specifically for sore knees but I used it for both tennis elbow and Plantar Fasciitis.

Comment

I am ambidextrous but have it in both arms. But the left is far far worse.If I also sleep it also gets very stiff and feels like my lower arm is bruised. I also have had this before and took about a year to go. I wonder what could trigger it off besides overuse. But this time its causing me to lose my dexterity.
                        Was tennis elbow the doctor's diagnosis or yours? Could be something else. Dexterity loss, talk to a hand surgeon, sport medicine doc. Might want to get an MEG test for nerve conductivity/blockage.

Comment

+1 om dmso and pennsaid.
                          John Burchett
                          in Byng OK

Comment

Does nobody but me like steroid shots?

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with severe tendinitis.
                              I did. I had some really painful Lateral Epicondylitis. Went with P/T for about a two years. It included ALL the wacky treatments. Electrical shock (TENS), injections, topical steroids and exercise. Nothing worked long term. The injections were the best.

Was finally approved for surgery.

"Surgical Treatment
                              If your symptoms do not respond after 6 to 12 months of nonsurgical treatments, your doctor may recommend surgery.
                              Most surgical procedures for tennis elbow involve removing diseased muscle and reattaching healthy muscle back to bone."

After the surgery I haven't had a single bit of pain and Im very active with the arm. That was in 2007.. JR

Comment

Working...
                              X