Garden hose thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden hose thread

What kind of thread does garden hose use?

Albert

I believe standard GHT is 11.5 tpi. It's called 3/4 " Garden Hose thread, but is actually 1.0625 ODM.

[This message has been edited by widget (edited 04-26-2002).]

Comment

Check Guy Lautard's Machinist Bedside Reader #1, I believe it is. He tells how to make a nifty garden hose nozzle, and part of the description must include the specs for the hose thread.

Also look in Machinery's Handbook. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in there.
      ----------
      Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
      Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
      Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
      There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
      Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
      Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

SGW:
        I believe you are right on both counts. Lee Valley Tools has that info in their garden catalog - I don't have mine - I lust after the hammocks and have to throw the catalog out before I buy one. Don't have two trees big enough to support a 419.4 lb. (dry) Gorilla. Ook! OooK! I say! Pass the bananas...

Comment

Albert,
          Garden hose is 11 1/2 pitch, OD is 1.0725,
          depth of thread is .05648 from Mashenery's hand book, 14th edition. It is almost 3/4" pipe thread which has about the same OD.
          Jim

Comment

Working...
          X