Reading lens for saftey glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading lens for saftey glasses

I love new toys. OPTX 20/20 lens has pliable reading lens for saftey glasses. They gave me some at the nuke plant I work in. The card says www.optx2020.com on the back... I have no affliation (spelling:?) Just thought they were neat when reading mills and drills. I got mine courtesy of the plant, I ain't got a clue how much they cost.
    I hope this makes somebody happy.

Just a little information for those of us that need a "little help" seeing small things. MSC has safety glasses that are very robust, in a variety of styles, half and full lens prescription, in various powers for less than $20! For years I have been buying the 3 packs of reading glasses from Sam's club for $20. The lenses would get scratched and the earpieces would break at the hinge or they fall apart at the bridge. I ordered several apir in different styles from MSC -Greatest money I have ever spent. They were all great and that where I'm buying my reading glasses from now on. Wish I would have known about this years ago.

Comment

Jim,

Just looked for safety glasses in MSC. Which ones do you buy? There is a bewildering number of choices. Thanks for passing on this info.

Oscar
      O

Comment

I have a reading lens with my safety glasses, got them from my optimetrist (however that silly word is spelled). Turned forty, and low and behold, I found I needed them.

They are called "bifocals".

Seriously though, I have seen some of these available through various safety products suppliers, one being ZEE safety.

CCBW, MAH

Comment

I bought 1 pair of each of the "Tahoe", "Innovator", and "Engineer". @ of the pair were bought as "half" or bi-focal (except the top is plain) and the 3rd pair I bought as "full" (prescription throughout the whole lens). They are all made by the Crews company and actuall cost about $30 each. They are all listed on page 2721 of my latest catalog (not sure what page on the online catalog). One of the part numbers I ordered is 54086582 in case you want to do a search by part #. That should get you in the proper section. Not to beat a drum or anything, but, I really like the quality and wish I had known sooner. BTW, I have bought a couple pair of the all-plastic wraparounds from another source, and they are not in the same ballpark as far as value. I do keep them around the car wash for occassional use when working with chemicals and such.

Comment

My sister sends me "care packages" from time to time. Last one had several of those lens in it, along with a pair of safety glasses with reading lens built in. Plus a pair of "harley davidson" sunglasses.
            All Uvex stuff.
            David from jax
            A serious accident is one that money can't fix.

Comment

I recently got catarak surgery in both eyes ( I am 80 years ) . Sorry I waited so long. 20/20 right eye 20/25 left. I now buy reading glasses from my local Dollar Store for one dollar. I use 1.25 magnification, but they have lots of higher mag. I have 4 sets with metal frames, plastic frames broke. Because they are glass, when machining I cover them with clear plastic eye protection. These cheap ones seem to be widely available. Saw im in Shop-a Lot for a dollar and stores like Meijer discount them quite often.
              Walt
              toolman

Comment

Working...
              X