Part 3, Sep/Oct 2011: Making a carbide scraper
    Part 4, Nov/Dec 2011: Making a power rotary lap for cabide scrapers
    Part 5, Jan/Feb 2012: Further work on the rotary lap
    Part 6, Mar/Apr 2012: Scraping a metalworking shaper component and vise
    Part 7, May/Jun 2012: Scraping V-blocks and V-ways
    Part 8, Jul/Aug 2012: Scraping ways and dovetails
    Part 9, Sep/Oct 2012: Dovetail spotting tool; scraping a machine table
    Part 10, Nov/Dec 2012: Scraping machine saddles and gibs

I've asked my library to see if somehow they could find a library that happens to have these archived.

Looks like it would be 60 bucks to buy the back issues from HSM.

Anyone else looking for these too?
    Hobbyist: someone who makes something sound harder than it is.
    Professional: someone who cant afford to be a hobbyist.

Why not try George Bulliss as the editor of the referred to magazines?

Comment

Originally posted by oldtiffie View Post
      Why not try George Bulliss as the editor of the referred to magazines?
      Because I'm cheap? HSM website says back issues are 6 bucks each.

If those scraper articles are as good as I hope they are, its too bad they aren't in book form to buy all at once. hint hint

Comment

I'd like to help but no location, no help.

Comment

Originally posted by duckman View Post
          I'd like to help but no location, no help.
          Im in So Cal, USA

Do you have all the magazines or something?

Comment

Originally posted by doctordoctor View Post

If those scraper articles are as good as I hope they are, its too bad they aren't in book form to buy all at once. hint hint
            Buy Machine Tool Reconditioning by Connelly. Should have everything you neeed and more. Neverming. Scratch that, if you won't pay $6 for a back issue, you aren't going to buy a textbook for $80.00

Comment

If I recall correctly, those items were first seen here written by Michael Ward (who was McGyver or similar on this BBS.

Some one may have those posts/files but I guess that other than that you are going to have to try your luck with the "search" function here (use McGyver).

Here is the results of a basic first pass search on "Mcgyver":

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/sea...earchid=913030

Comment

Originally posted by Rosco-P View Post
                Buy Machine Tool Reconditioning by Connelly. Should have everything you neeed and more. Neverming. Scratch that, if you won't pay $6 for a back issue, you aren't going to buy a textbook for $80.00
                I've seen the Connelly book and its not what I'm looking for. I have it coming for $1 via the library anyway, but I'd like something with better procedures in it.

Its not $6, its $60 for all 10, and I have no idea how good or bad the articles will end up being.

Comment

If I recall correctly, those items were first seen here written by Michael Ward (who was McGyver or similar on this BBS.

Some one may have those posts/files but I guess that other than that you are going to have to try your luck with the "search" function here (use McGyver).

I did a search on here for all his posts and I didnt see any metal scraping articles. Are you sure they would be on the forum? Given some of the posts I saw him make it looks like they were done just for the magazine.

Comment

Last I knew, you can buy individual articles too--not just the full back issues. I wish to also convey that the effort, time and progressively learned skill represented by an article does have value. I would hope you agree and are willing to compensate in such a manner as you are able which fosters continued contributions to the HSM magazine. Or at least your public library (inter-library loans...)
                    Last edited by Arthur.Marks; 01-30-2015, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur.Marks View Post
                      Last I knew, you can buy individual articles too--not just the full back issues. I wish to also convey that the effort, time and progressively learned skill represented by an article does have value. I would hope you understand that and are willing to compensate in such a way that fosters continued contributions to the HSM magazine. Or at least your public library (inter-library loans...)
                      I'll ask to see if I can buy just the articles.

Otherwise, if I buy $60 worth of magazines from HSM, I'm going to sell them when I'm done. But if anyone wants to sell used magazines for cheaper I'd rather do that just because its cheaper, but I'll end up selling them either way. Its just like when I buy used books, blu-rays, video games, etc.. and when I'm done with them I sell them on ebay. I dont think there is anything needed to be understood or explained. Theres nothing special about magazines.

Comment

Originally Posted by oldtiffie View Post

I did a search on here for all his posts and I didnt see any metal scraping articles. Are you sure they would be on the forum? Given some of the posts I saw him make it looks like they were done just for the magazine.
                        Yes.

They appeared here before they were published in the magazines.

Comment

Yes.

I think they got deleted from the forum once they were finished:

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/thr...213#post811213

Comment

H-m-m-m-m

It seems so.

Comment

bizarre how this happens.... nothing could be further from the truth. This reflects negatively on what was a huge a bloody effort, so I want to assure you this is BS. As it took years to write and assemble maybe the odd photo got posted, but the content of the articles did not appear hear, nor have I deleted anything. If by chance there are any photo's missing, its photobucket re-org, not intentional deleting

Last edited by Mcgyver; 05-31-2015, 10:47 AM.
                              in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Working...
                              X