Worm and pinion with spindle purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worm and pinion with spindle purchase

I just bought a really good looking worm and pinion, bearings and spindle off of Ebay. Only paid 35 Euros. Photobucket is doing strange things so I can't upload picture.

So not a gloat. My plan is to build a rotary table. At least that is plan A.

The man that built my vise said he would help me.

Now I need to buy a surface grinder. (He says while ringing his hands with a grin on his face.)
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

The picture finally made it through to Photobucket.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Hi Black Forest
      The man that built my vise said he would help me.
      Good for you for keeping in touch with him. Having someone with his skills helping should prove to be very valuable in your endeavor.

Comment

I am looking forward to him spending time with me. He has been here and I told him to look around the shop to see what was missing in the way of tools or machines. Make a list and I would get everything on the list. We will see what is on the list. I hope he doesn't come back and say I don't need anything and we can use what I have. That would be terrible.

Comment

It would be interesting to see that list... Some shops wind up rather well equipped and the owner doesn't even realize it. (-:

Comment

Looks like good stuff, what kinda bearings came with it ? could not make it out in the pic,

can be a little indicator about the rest of it because you usually won't find superior bearings with total junk parts or visa versa --- ugh ughm --- usually...

Comment

Working...
            X