Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out!

http://muncie.craigslist.org/tls/4882243567.html

wow, never seen one of those, my buddy is going to look at it now!

Seen loads, they used to use them round here as lamp-posts, worked better as a lamp-post than a miller

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Looks like an M-head stuck on an old drill press.

Comment

it does look like it would make a very ridged lamp post,,, but miller? not so much and in fact probably where the term "wet noodle" originated...

Comment

Kinda like this one...
          http://stlouis.craigslist.org/tls/4868660427.html

I passed on this one a while back, this guy bought it at an estate sale... he's making money if he sells for his asking price.
          "Never bring a caliper to a mic fight"

Comment

It looks like a jig borer to me. No moveable knee, and the head is on a real nice looking set of ways.
            Max
            http://joyofprecision.com/

Comment

This isn't like mine as mine was a M head round ram mill. I bought it for $50 with a bunch of other equip. them got a discount so ended up with about $37. Didn't know it was 110V till I git it home. It worked great but they only have 3-1/2" quill travel & don't use r8 collets. Just got talked out of it last fall. It worked fine & had enough power with the 1/2 hp motor. It was the forrunner of the J head.
              Last edited by flylo; 02-10-2015, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mars-red View Post
                It looks like a jig borer to me. No moveable knee, and the head is on a real nice looking set of ways.
                Yup, concur.... Many old time jig borers were made like that.

Of course so were some drill presses, so either answer is technically possible, although the table and its supporting structure really says jig bore..

Seller is still clue-less either way.
                Last edited by J Tiers; 02-11-2015, 01:51 AM.
                CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
                Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
                Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
                I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
                Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Somebody left a drill on a hydrant.
                  Mike
                  WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Working...
                  X