Index 745 comming back to life!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index 745 comming back to life!

Hey fellas, its been a bit, with those damn Cincinnati hydra shifts http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/thr...-have-a-delima and all the other projects I have going on right now, I just want to get 1 done. I thought this would be a real quick cleanup... damn it man. I guess it is never a quick thing huh? anyways, this thing is beautiful. The indy school it came from pumped grease into the fittings so im cleaning it all up. getting close to having the bottom half done... here are some pics... [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

and some more, [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Comment

more [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Comment

just a few more [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

She sure is going to be nice... everything is so damn smooth now.. I have been flushing the spindle out with oil, its smooth as well but Im sure it has old grease in there as well. ill keep you guys updated!

Comment

wow, that looks barely worn in places!

Comment

I know im drooling myself here.... it came out of a indy school. same with the Cincinnati hydra shifts I got. just a few minor things to fix and badda bing! awesome machines!!!!

Comment

I guess pumping it full of grease is better than running it dry.
              Makes a mess, but sure seems to have preserved it.
              "Never bring a caliper to a mic fight"

Comment

yes it really did preserve it didn't it? im really glad that did that now ya know. I don't mind cleaning up a nice machine. its cleaning junk up that sucks...

Comment

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]I tell you what guys, ever since I bought this little ultra Sonic cleaner i have been cleaning a lot of stuff in it... i love this thing, i just wish it was bigger. I threw one of my dials in it for 3 minutes and holy cow, it cleaned the **** out of it"!

Comment

Working...
                  X