Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed Power Feed on Z axis Milling Machine...DONE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed Power Feed on Z axis Milling Machine...DONE!

I received my SHARS power feed for my milling machines Z knee axis and installed it last night.

I wrote an article on my web site along with lots of pictures of the installation.

www.rvbprecision.com

I hope this will help someone contemplating the same modification.

I also posted a short video of it in action on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMyF4gAmfdk

Hope you like it

I did check out your install. Came out nice. I want to do this someday to my Bridgeport. However I do not like the fact that your scale is now so far away from your "0" notch. Are you going to do anything in regards to this.
    T.J.

Comment

What about trip stops? The unit is sold without them?

Comment

I'm not sure I understand the scale question. I don't use the scales in any regard as I now have DRO on this machine.

I installed the auto stops this AM. I'll update the article.

Comment

Thank you for the good photos and descriptions Rbertalotto. You inspired me to post my photos on Servo Dynamo installation on the knee of my Bridgeport: http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/thr...840#post968840

Hopefully these two threads will help somebody.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by tjs View Post
            I did check out your install. Came out nice. I want to do this someday to my Bridgeport. However I do not like the fact that your scale is now so far away from your "0" notch. Are you going to do anything in regards to this.
            T.J.
            That doesn't make any difference. A mark can be made on top of the white housing to serve as the new "0" reference mark. My Servo brand unit actually has a raised mark on it that I highlighted with a magic marker.

Comment

Working...
            X