Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't these guys dead by the end of the video? - Open Magnetron Tube

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • michigan doug
    replied
    " They must have sold millions of them."


    Yeah...that.


    Hey, microwaves are new. Let's tell people it's super dangerous and then make a killing on the magic detectors...


    I think the russians make a handy little hand held microwave emitter to kill people without leaving an obvious mark. Push it up against the guy's head and push the button. Cook a nice chunk of his brain and then walk off. No sound, no muss, no fuss.


    doug

    Leave a comment:


  • CCWKen
    replied
    Well cripes! Apparently, I've been mislead all these years. Why were they scaring everybody 30 or 40 years ago into buying those MW detectors to check for "bad seals" and leaking MW radiation? They made it sound like it would cook your brain and your face would fall off. They must have sold millions of them. At the time, I made my own from a small diode. It was publicized about as heavily as "Don't smoke or you'll die". And now we're finding out that you need fat cholesterols to be healthy. Coffee is bad, coffee is good. Chocolate is bad, chocolate is good. Seems like everything changes from one year to the next.

    Oh well. I guess the longer you live the deader you get and there's no way around it. Thanks for bringing me up to date.

    Leave a comment:


  • macona
    replied
    Yep, the most you would get is cataracts from long term exposure to microwaves. This is not ionizing radiation.

    Leave a comment:


  • dp
    replied
    Microwaves are mostly harmless under those conditions. Things change when the microwaves are contained inside a chamber because of proximity and reflections. The MW energy is contained and absorbed by certain materials in the chamber. Water being an excellent example. Standing in a radar beam can, if you are close enough, warm your eyeballs to an unhealthy level. It has to be a hell of a lot more powerful than the kinds of radar you find at the local yacht club. These kids are in more danger from electrocution than microwave damage. Unless they try to warm their hands by holding them close to the radiator. That can create sudden heating.

    Leave a comment:


  • Why aren't these guys dead by the end of the video? - Open Magnetron Tube

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POGSEG20hkg

    I stumbled onto this by accident but why aren't these guys dead? The microwave radiation has to be spreading all the over the room. There's a loose shield around the sides but it clearly lights a florescent bulb in the cone pattern. The guy is placing different articles near or on the tip and even melting glass. All with bare hands. And what is causing the flame at the tip? Partial plasma?

    They're not speaking English so I guess the comments didn't make sense to them.
Working...
X