What about my Whiskey!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about my Whiskey!!!

I just took my three grandchildren out for lunch at Wendys (a fast food hamburger chain) while goodwife did some financial stuff with "mom and dad". We got in the line up and I asked 4 year old Brennen what he wanted. He answered " I want french fries and I want chicken and I want a hamburger and I want--" At this point I said "Wo, boy, ya can't have all that stuff. I'll get you fries and chicken nuggets, and if you're still hungry afterwards I'll buy you a shot of whiskey!!!" Never thought anymore about it. We sat down in the restaurant and eat, and the girls and Brennen and I cleaned up all the food. While we were setting eating, a group of well dressed, rather dignified people came in and set at the table next to us. I think they were one of the local church groups. Eventually momma's cell phone (which I had been entrusted with) rang, letting me know the "financial stuff" was finished and I could bring the kids back home to their house. The restaurant suddenly picked that moment to go dead silent, and Brennen piped up "But Poppa---What about my whiskey???"--Sure got a few strange looks from the other diners-----
    Brian Rupnow

I'd be more worried about them eating burgers, chips (English), chicken nuggets and all the rest of that rubbish. At least Whisky (spelling) is a natural product.

Comment

Originally posted by Normanv View Post
      I'd be more worried about them eating burgers, chips (English), chicken nuggets and all the rest of that rubbish. At least Whisky (spelling) is a natural product.
      so is poison ivy....

Comment

Originally posted by Normanv View Post
        At least Whisky (spelling) is a natural product.
        It's Scotch Whisky and Irish Whiskey.

Whiskey is also the usual USA/Canadian spelling.
        Paul Compton
        www.morini-mania.co.uk
        http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru

Comment

Or Jack Daniel's Tennessee whiskey..... or George Dickel whisky.
          No matter where you go, there you are!

Hal C.

Comment

The only true Whisky(sp) is Scotch, and this is a gin drinking Englishman speaking. Everybody else is wrong!
            I can't be sure, being English, but isn't poison ivy a plant not a product?
            What is poison ivy? I only know it from a song. "She comes on like a rose, but everybody knows etc."
            Last edited by Normanv; 02-28-2015, 06:06 PM.

Comment

I hope you got him at least a malt for that!

Comment

One of ours at that age pointed out Diary Queen as "the place where Granpa took us for ice cream and he had a beer". Since I don't drink beer, there was some puzzlement until we figured out he was refering to Root Beer...
                "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

Ah yes, Dairy Queen...home of the brassiere burgers!

Comment

Flavoured ethanol
                    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Comment

All right, NormanV, I have to ask: single malt or blended? (SOMEBODY has to poke the bear...)

Comment

You wheat or corn whisky drinkers... Its NOT about the drink. Its the story. Grand kid is smart right Brian?? Hahaaa. My kids surprise me everyday. I hope to live long enough to have grand kids. My oldest is 14, my daughter is 10, Im 50 this Aug. JR
                        My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

When my two grown daughters were 5 and 6 we took them to a very nice restaurant. After they had finished their food the waiter asked them if they enjoyed their food. They both said yes and the younger one told the waiter that this was a very nice restaurant. He quickly asked what makes you think so young lady? My daughter in her loudest voice said, "There is no writing on the bathroom walls." We also got the look from surrounding guests.
                          How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Great story Brian! I have three kids myself, right now at 10, 7, and 5. Amazing stuff they say sometimes!
                            Andy

Comment

I think that program is almost as old as I am. "Kids say the darnest things" I forget the MC that ran it but I bet someone here will remember.
                              ...lew...

Comment

Working...
                              X