Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure? Sat. Night arbtrary post? Oh yeah.. O/T.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure? Sat. Night arbtrary post? Oh yeah.. O/T.

It matters right, if I put the O/T at the front or the azz of the "Title"

What is my Saturday random post??? ?

Oh? Its a rant.. I don't like it when folks here post projects and the replies are more of what you should have or could have done. Instead of the common response which would be, great job!!!

Just saying, it gets uncomfortable for someone like myself to post stories or pics of our work for fear of being questioned.

Its a Home Shop place. If we ask for help we love the knowledge here. Sometimes it looks like a pissing contest.

Just learn to NOT steal the spot light from the main subject.. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Are you channeling Old Hat?

Speaking of whom, has he been around recently?

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Comment

maybe Tiffie and Old Hat merged into one.?

Comment

JR, I hear you! It seems rare to me on this forum that someone just rags on anothers project or methods but it does happen occasionally. There are other forums where this problem is rampant and it is uncomfortable.

On the other hand, when I post a project or ask a question I welcome the criticism. I will never know all the right answers and I have learned much when others have suggested alternatives. I appreciate a pat on the back as much as the next guy and it is good to have your methods validated but I will always pay attention to the critics.

All the best sir!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by lakeside53 View Post
          maybe Tiffie and Old Hat merged into one.?
          Oh crap!

Tim

Comment

Hahahaaaa! Im laughing in my slippers. Yup! A lil Tiff and some Old folks or Hats. Just shooting the breeze on a warm sun soaked Saturday. JR
            My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post
              Hahahaaaa! Im laughing in my slippers. Yup! A lil Tiff and some Old folks or Hats. Just shooting the breeze on a warm sun soaked Saturday. JR
              You suck.

13°F
              Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
              ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Originally posted by Weston Bye View Post
                You suck.

13°F
                I hear you,7F. Rather frost my cookies than deal with mud slides and fires though.

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post
                  I don't like it when folks here post projects and the replies are more of what you should have or could have done. Instead of the common response which would be, great job!!! JR
                  I totally get what you're saying, but if I were saying it, I would've ...

see what I did there?

I can only speak to my own posts but I've always found very positive responses and constructive suggestions.
                  I'm not on here as often as others so maybe I don't know the posts/people you are referring to.

Comment

Totally agree with the opening poster.

Mike

Comment

Why do you care so much what people think?
                      It is just the internet. If someone has an opinion that you don't
                      like, ignore it and move on. You might actually learn something
                      from some of the comments, be they positive or negative.
                      All this nicey-nice, oh-you-hurt-my-feelings is just the kind of
                      thing that is ruining society. Grow some stones or see someone
                      by the hour.

-Doozer
                      DZER

Comment

I usually take criticism one of two ways:
                        A light bulb will go off, and I'll think, "Yeah, I should've tried that."
                        -OR-
                        I'll think, "Mr. Know-it-all has no idea what he's talking about." and I'll ignore him.
                        I take everything I read on the internet or watch on the news with a grain of salt. Everyone's an 'Expert'.

Comment

Originally posted by Weston Bye View Post
                          You suck.

13°F
                          Just shoveled a bunch of that 13 deg F stuff....

Where it's warm in the NH now, just think.... they get all sorts of benefits.....

Formosan termites

tropical diseases

scorpions

fire ants

A bit of cold weather is OK in order to avoid that lot, and the rest of it that was left unmentioned.

Keep eye on ball.
                          Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                            Are you channeling Old Hat?

Speaking of whom, has he been around recently?
                            Last activity was 2/14/15, so guessing no.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                              Just shoveled a bunch of that 13 deg F stuff....

Where it's warm in the NH now, just think.... they get all sorts of benefits.....

Formosan termites

tropical diseases

scorpions

fire ants

A bit of cold weather is OK in order to avoid that lot, and the rest of it that was left unmentioned.
                              Get a snowblower and enjoy the benefits of the cold.

Your right about the cold, it does stop a lot of bad diseases. People who live in the northern (or southern) climates tend to be healthier then those that live in the hot places, frostbite and hypothermia not withstanding.
                              The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X