Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vertical CNC Mill - Kitamura Mycenter2 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by achtanelion View Post
    If the original monitor is EGA, you might want to look at one of these: http://www.jammaboards.com/store/cga...?sef_rewrite=1

As a side note, I can remember being impressed as hell by the graphics when I saw my first EGA machine. I feel old now.
    J
    =================================================
    Thanks for the reply and link.
    Rich

Comment

Trouble Codes

Here is his response to the trouble codes, and my question about running it with a VFD. I only have 220 1 phase at my house. City won't let me get 3 phase. Hope to buy another place in the country where I can get 3 phase, and have a bigger shop area.

=============================================>
      1) It's alarm 400 & 401, I think. They either both come together, or nothing at all. It's always fixed by a reboot or by pushing the reset button on one of the contactors inside the cabinet (although sometimes it takes a couple trys). It hasn't done it recently, the last several times I've powered on it started up right away. And it only ever happens when the machine is first powered on. It's never happened after it starts running.

2) I think you would want one large VFD for the machine, but I'm not 100% sure. As far as I know, all the motors are DC, so the 3 phase AC wouldn't even have to be particularly good. You should probably check with someone who knows, though. It's a big machine to be running off a VFD (although I understand that technology is getting pretty good these days).
      <============================================

I was wondering if I needed, more than one VFD to run this machine?

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by macona View Post
        EGA didn't even exist until 4 years after this mill was made.
        ================================================== ======================

Is it EGA, or VGA? I was told some of these older machines, had a VGA 9 pin connector inside the box, that you could just run a cable to the outside, and hook up a VGA Monitor to it. With Flat Screens having VGA connectors, it would be easy to mount one over the outside of the control. I have to go look at this one yet to see if it has a VGA connector inside, or not, but the the rebuilt original one was fairly cheap at $350. I can live with the original monitor. I do have a buddy who used to run an electronics shop, that maybe able to just fix the bad caps also, or help me install the rebuilt monitor.

Rich

Comment

You can search online for info on those errors. 400 is an overload. Might be carbon building up in the motors.

A VFD will not work. There is a chance you can run the machine off of single phase. I am not sure. You can probably jump one phase to another to make it run. Other than that a RPC or a Phase Perfect.

Comment

Does anyone use Alibre CAD/CAM with one of these machines, now called Geomagic I think?

Comment

Originally posted by Armilite View Post
              ================================================== ======================

Is it EGA, or VGA? I was told some of these older machines, had a VGA 9 pin connector inside the box, that you could just run a cable to the outside, and hook up a VGA Monitor to it. With Flat Screens having VGA connectors, it would be easy to mount one over the outside of the control. I have to go look at this one yet to see if it has a VGA connector inside, or not, but the the rebuilt original one was fairly cheap at $350. I can live with the original monitor. I do have a buddy who used to run an electronics shop, that maybe able to just fix the bad caps also, or help me install the rebuilt monitor.

Rich
              You would probably need something like a really old NEC MultiSync monitor to hook up to the 9-pin connector (if it is there). You will more than likely need a very low scan rate capable monitor and the old NEC MultiSync monitors could sync with just about anything. They are big and heavy and you can probably still find them if you look hard enough, but hope you only have to get a simple and inexpensive repair done on the existing monitor. I have been eyeing the following box to adapt newer VGA flat screens to my Hurco mill to replace its monochrome monitors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171436710669...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
              Cheers,
              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by gcude View Post
                You would probably need something like a really old NEC MultiSync monitor to hook up to the 9-pin connector (if it is there).
                Yes, I used to use TTX multiscan monitors to replace the colour monitors on the Fanuc 10 etc, these were compatible with XT/AT VGA,EGA,CGA TTL/analogue etc.
                Unfortunately they stopped making them when the later graphic systems became popular.
                Max.

Comment

Does anyone use Alibre CAD/CAM with one of these machines, now called Geomagic I think?
                  Is there such a thing as Alibre CAM? CAD, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by rklopp View Post
                    I would go ask on PM. There are likely to be many times more folks familiar with a MyCenter over there. Substituting a monitor should be relatively easy.
                    Don who runs PM also has replaced a number of failed and aging monitors on older equipment that he's bought to resell. You might post over on PM (PracticalMachinist) if you haven't already.

Comment

Originally posted by DR View Post
                      ================================================== ===========
                      I believe you need Alibre version 2011, or higher to use the CAM 3.0 module. Alibre 3D was like $100-$150, and the CAM module was $700-$800. I know Alibre was changed to, or bought out, I think by Geo Magic in either 2013/2014, but don't know if they still have the CAM module.

http://www.alibre.com/

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by macona View Post
                        You can search online for info on those errors. 400 is an overload. Might be carbon building up in the motors.

A VFD will not work. There is a chance you can run the machine off of single phase. I am not sure. You can probably jump one phase to another to make it run. Other than that a RPC or a Phase Perfect.
                        ================================================== ===============
                        I can't get 3 phase 220 where I'm at. If I can't use a VFD to run it on 1 phase 220, then I will have to pass on it. I thought that's what a VFD did.

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by DR View Post
                          ================================================== ==========
                          It looks like they use a Program module called Visual Cam today with GeoMagic Design.
                          http://mecsoft.com/DataSheets/Visual.../DataSheet.pdf

Comment

Here is his response to the trouble codes, and my question about running it with a VFD. I only have 220 1 phase at my house. City won't let me get 3 phase. Hope to buy another place in the country where I can get 3 phase, and have a bigger shop area.

=============================================>
                            1) It's alarm 400 & 401, I think. They either both come together, or nothing at all. It's always fixed by a reboot or by pushing the reset button on one of the contactors inside the cabinet (although sometimes it takes a couple trys). It hasn't done it recently, the last several times I've powered on it started up right away. And it only ever happens when the machine is first powered on. It's never happened after it starts running.

2) I think you would want one large VFD for the machine, but I'm not 100% sure. As far as I know, all the motors are DC, so the 3 phase AC wouldn't even have to be particularly good. You should probably check with someone who knows, though. It's a big machine to be running off a VFD (although I understand that technology is getting pretty good these days).
                            <============================================

I was wondering if I needed, more than one VFD to run this machine?

Rich
                            ================================================== ==
                            I found this web site with Trouble Codes info.
                            http://fanuc.pennineuk.com/fanuc-6-alarms.htm

The control received the X, Y or Z axis overload signal

The READY signal (VRDY) of the X, Y or Z axis velocity control has turned off

Not sure what this all really means above, or what may need fixed to correct it.

Rich

Comment

I think I'm out of luck on this machine, I just measured my garage/shop door height at 86 1/2" and this machine alone is 94". The rollers/cart to get it moved inside, will add even more height to it. I'm still waiting to get my quote to move it from the moving company. Since one guy on here, said I couldn't use one of them VFDs things to run it on my 220 1 phase, that kills it also. I think this could be cleaned up, and be a nice machine for someone. Wish I had a place to store it. Thanks to all who Helped with Idea's/Info.

Rich

Comment

You mean this VFD on ebay wouldn't run this machine?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-VARIABLE...item3cf2d5ea98

Variable Frequency Drive Inverter VFD NEW

7.6HP 5.5KW 220V-250V

This VFD can be used for constant torque loads(such as hard starting:Air conpressor,HVAC units) and variable torque loads(such as pumps,fans,etc) It can be used as a motor speed control and a phase converter.The inpute for this VFD is 1 or 3 phase as you like.You can control different speed when you use this VFD.Most of our customers bought this VFD from us to use for:Lathes,Mill,car Hoists,Pumps&conveyors,etc.This item use sine wave PWN(SPWM) for the control system and performace excellently.

Technical Paramer

1.Inpute voltage:220V±15%(we also stock 110V and 380V+/-15%,please contact us for item stock)

2.Output voltage:208-240VAC(analogous to input voltage)

3.Input Frequency:48-63HZ

4.Outpute Frequency:0-400HZ

5.Input phase:1 phase or 3 phase

6.Output phase:3 phase

7.warranty:1 year

(we also stock 4KW 7A, 2.2KW 10A 220-250V, 3KW 220-250V and 380V modol, please contact us for stock )

Comment

Working...
                                X