Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vertical CNC Mill - Kitamura Mycenter2 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Armilite View Post
    I think I'm out of luck on this machine, I just measured my garage/shop door height at 86 1/2" and this machine alone is 94". The rollers/cart to get it moved inside, will add even more height to it. I'm still waiting to get my quote to move it from the moving company. Since one guy on here, said I couldn't use one of them VFDs things to run it on my 220 1 phase, that kills it also. I think this could be cleaned up, and be a nice machine for someone. Wish I had a place to store it. Thanks to all who Helped with Idea's/Info.

Rich
    You need to look at the top of the machine and see if the cable/air line track is looped up there adding extra height. If so, you should be able to easily and temporarily disconnect the cable track from it's mounts and lay it over. This might save you a foot or more in the height to get you inside. Other option is to remove the head temporarily.
    Cheers,
    Gary

Comment

You mean this VFD on ebay wouldn't run this machine?
      No, VFDs will only run motors. You will either need a RPS or a Phase Perfect.

Usually you can block the Z axis at a low position and pull off the Z servo to get it in the garage. It is not hard to do.

Comment

You mean this VFD on ebay wouldn't run this machine?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-VARIABLE...item3cf2d5ea98

Variable Frequency Drive Inverter VFD NEW

7.6HP 5.5KW 220V-250V

This VFD can be used for constant torque loads(such as hard starting:Air conpressor,HVAC units) and variable torque loads(such as pumps,fans,etc) It can be used as a motor speed control and a phase converter.The inpute for this VFD is 1 or 3 phase as you like.You can control different speed when you use this VFD.Most of our customers bought this VFD from us to use for:Lathes,Mill,car Hoists,Pumps&conveyors,etc.This item use sine wave PWN(SPWM) for the control system and performace excellently.

Technical Paramer

1.Inpute voltage:220V±15%(we also stock 110V and 380V+/-15%,please contact us for item stock)

2.Output voltage:208-240VAC(analogous to input voltage)

3.Input Frequency:48-63HZ

4.Outpute Frequency:0-400HZ

5.Input phase:1 phase or 3 phase

6.Output phase:3 phase

7.warranty:1 year

(we also stock 4KW 7A, 2.2KW 10A 220-250V, 3KW 220-250V and 380V modol, please contact us for stock )
        I think you are only to run one motor from one VFD, but others will verify this shortly. For starting out, you will probably be served well by a 10hp or larger Rotary, but for the ultimate, you can always look at a Phase Perfect and I've heard that American Rotary even has their own knock-off of the Phase Perfect units, at lower cost. American Rotary can help you select the right size and type for your needs, just give them a call. BTW, I got my Phase Perfect through American Rotary, but I'm not a paid spokesperson, just a satisfied customer.
        Cheers,
        Gary

Comment

Originally posted by macona View Post
          No, VFDs will only run motors. You will either need a RPS or a Phase Perfect.

Usually you can block the Z axis at a low position and pull off the Z servo to get it in the garage. It is not hard to do.
          ================================================== ============
          Ok, that sounds possible to maybe get it in the garage. Sounds like my main problem is solving the electrical side. Been quite a while since I checked with the power company, maybe they have changed their rules on 3 phase at a home.

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by gcude View Post
            I think you are only to run one motor from one VFD, but others will verify this shortly. For starting out, you will probably be served well by a 10hp or larger Rotary, but for the ultimate, you can always look at a Phase Perfect and I've heard that American Rotary even has their own knock-off of the Phase Perfect units, at lower cost. American Rotary can help you select the right size and type for your needs, just give them a call. BTW, I got my Phase Perfect through American Rotary, but I'm not a paid spokesperson, just a satisfied customer.
            I have only seen photo's of it so far, and I'm new to this CNC Large Stuff. Do most CNC machines like this, need more than (1) Power Source? My understanding is, it's hard wired into one 3 phase power source, and needs a certain AMP rating circuit breaker. The machine power supply, then provides the power to the Table, and Spindle, motors from that source to run everything. I know it has a 6 3/4hp Spindle Motor. This VFD was rated for a 7.6hp motor. I wrote the seller to see what he reccomends, and my options.

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by gcude View Post
              ================================================== =
              A while back I was looking at a 3 phase, Bridge Port CNC, and the guy ran it off (1) VFD, but it was like only 2hp. This machine is much bigger, and has a tool changer. So it may need it's own power source also.

Comment

================================================== =
                A while back I was looking at a 3 phase, Bridge Port CNC, and the guy ran it off (1) VFD, but it was like only 2hp. This machine is much bigger, and has a tool changer. So it may need it's own power source also.
                No, it may have appeared he ran it all off a VFD, but it can't be done.

He probably only ran the spindle with a separate 120V line for the control and the servos. I have done it that way too.

Comment

Originally posted by DR View Post
                  No, it may have appeared he ran it all off a VFD, but it can't be done.

He probably only ran the spindle with a separate 120V line for the control and the servos. I have done it that way too.
                  ================================================== =============
                  Yes, I think that's what he said he did. A VFD for the Spindle motor, and 110 for the Control. Been a while.

Rich

Comment

Sounds like my main problem is solving the electrical side. Been quite a while since I checked with the power company, maybe they have changed their rules on 3 phase at a home.

Rich
                    The early Fanuc's 6 etc, had to be hooked up with the correct phase rotation, the manual suggest a phase meter to obtain the UVW supply terminals in order to do this.
                    Max.

Comment

These kind of mills rarely use a generic 3 phase motor for the spindle. They almost always use the same type of motor as what they are using for the axis drives. And like Max said, probably yellow cap fanuc brushed motors. This is not a Bridgeport.

Comment

Just my opinion, this is a thirty-five year old mill with problems, it's hardly what I'd recommend to a CNC noob. Parts are readily available, but at some point old machines become bottomless money pits to dump more and more into. You spend more time repairing than machining with them.

Comment

Originally posted by DR View Post
                          Just my opinion, this is a thirty-five year old mill with problems, it's hardly what I'd recommend to a CNC noob. Parts are readily available, but at some point old machines become bottomless money pits to dump more and more into. You spend more time repairing than machining with them.
                          Mostly agree but it depends on the individual's electrical/electronic knowledge and patience, and whether/not the individual is repairing the ancient control or replacing/retrofitting. I'd suggest leaving repair of the ancient beasts to the EEs and electronics techs.

Something else to be aware of is to simply make sure youre double checking the basics to ensure it has a standard CAT/BT-30, 40 (dont think they came w/50) or some other common taper, somewhat decent speeds and feeds, etc. That machine was from the somewhat early days and I've seen more than one person w/a "smoking deal" on a 35, 45, etc oddball taper machine that nobody wanted bc they couldnt find tooling or consumable parts (pull studs, etc) at a reasonable cost.
                          "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

Working...
                          X