my verson of a grinding station an dust removel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my verson of a grinding station an dust removel

These tools are on a rotating table in a round enclosure with a furnace blower mounted on top exhausted outside.

Steve
    If you want total security, go to prison.
    There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on.
    The only thing lacking...
    is freedom. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Steve,
    Rotisserie is a nice space saving setup. I can see the exhaust set up to the wall. Have you considered trying to rig up individual collection ducts to each machine?

Dave A.

Comment

I tried that at first but there was so much restrict to the flow, the furnace blower draws so good that nothing enters the shop, the hole you see in the back is by the surface grinder and I have a sliding door that I close and all the dust from the grinder is drawn through that hole with no pipe needed. I have to crack an over head door when running the blower or it will draw smoke down my stove chimney. I can even weld and all the fumes are drawn out.

Steve
      edit--
      The blower is mounted on top in the sq box and exhausted through the shop wall
      Last edited by steve herman; 03-06-2015, 01:17 AM.
      If you want total security, go to prison.
      There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on.
      The only thing lacking...
      is freedom. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Not something the fire marshal would put his stamp of approval on.

-D
        DZER

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
          Not something the fire marshal would put his stamp of approval on.

-D
          I'll buy that!
          A couple of months ago I was doing some extensive grinding/shaping on a new knife blade with my bench belt sander.
          I had the exhaust port connected to a small shop vacuum cleaner to control the grinding dust.
          The belt sander was almost new and had been purchased from Northern Tool to replace a 15 year old unit that the motor had died on.
          I have used the same setup for years on the old bench sander.
          I turned away for a minute or two and when I looked back the belt sander plastic guard was blazing two feet high.
          The intense sparks from the high carbon steel in the knife blade had set it on fire.
          If I had walked out of the shop it could have burned the whole place down.
          A very dangerous piece of crap equipment.
          Bill
          Last edited by Seastar; 03-06-2015, 09:44 AM.
          I cut it off twice and it's still too short!

Comment

Working...
          X