• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If all else fails when "it" don't werk enny maw there might be hope yet:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-1...isions/6318478

Comment

Session 10 Update

Nothing remarkable just the round number 10. Increasing fatigue and beginnings of bowel habit changes, not for the better. Comes with the program...

Radiation techs remarked today that I have a long program - longer than most others. They said that the next stage in a couple of weeks is even longer.

My reading of the literature they gave me is that they are doing full pelvis first and then they do only the prostate bed.

I will be well and truly cooked by the end of this.
      Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
      ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Mr.Bye
        The tattoos will disappear, according to my wife- I never saw them anyway.
        You haven't mentioned nausea and I hope there is no need, but ginger can help. No, not Ginger, but the root or permutations thereof. It may prevent taking one drug to counteract another that you take because another ad nausea...

Comment

Well done Weston for persevering with the program.

It does seem a bit long-ish compared to mine (Mom>Fri x 7 weeks - 35) in which the bed the bed my prostate laid in plus the surrounding tissue and lymph glands were radiated as my cancer had been very aggressive and I guess the post-op pathology report on the removed tissue was not as good as might have been hoped for or perhaps the Urologist and Radiation Oncologist were being very cautious/conservative as my cancer returned after the prostate was removed (about 4 years after as I recall).

But it worked reasonably well as the radiation therapy reduced my PSA to 1.0ppm - so it was still there but as it increased again later it was a good basis for my hormone therapy which seems to be working quite well.

I've had 10 years so far after my prostate was removed and despite some of the side and after effects of hormone therapy I am going very well. My Urologist has assured my wife and I that we have a good number of good years before us yet.

So,using my case as a reference you have many good years left yet.

Comment

I'm given to understand that there will be no nausea - but diarrhea is a definite possibility.

Tiffie, I take your experience as encouragement, but even if things don't work as planned, I expect at least another serviceable 10 years or so.
            Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
            ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Working...
            X