X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosco-P
    replied
    Originally posted by browne92 View Post
    Linear accelerator? Yikes. Hoping all the best for you.
    Think it's a Gamma ray source, but I could be wrong. Big plate opposite from the head absorbs whats left of the beam after it passes through the body.

Good luck, try and maintain a heathy diet.

Leave a comment:

• boslab
    replied
    Bit more accurate than gamma, them protons give good targeting, it'll be ok, thinking of you, take care, btw follow the diet!, if they didn't give one ask
    Mark
    Btw, irradiated several times, none deliberate
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• browne92
    replied
    Linear accelerator? Yikes. Hoping all the best for you.

Leave a comment:

• bborr01
    replied
    That's not the kind of machine that I was expecting to see Wes. Good luck and I hope you get better soon. Is this follow up from the prostate cancer.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Weston Bye
    started a topic New Machine in my life

New Machine in my life

Got my first session with this bugger under my belt. (that's where it aimed anyway). Was kind of like the defrost cycle on a microwave. Shot at me from 10 different directions and time durations. Don't know the total "cooking time" but was on the table for maybe 20 minutes - initial setup, etc.

I experienced no pain or discomfort, but was starting some involuntary minor shuddering by the end of the session - some serious stuff taking place.

This was the first of a 5 days a week, 8 week course. Only another 39 sessions to go...
    Attached Files
Working...
X