Google search hijacking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google search hijacking!

I have been doing a search for Sieg X1 milling machine conversion to belt drive and several sites hijack the search
    as :-
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...0wvQt7GKbIt2ow
    which is so annoying - is this some form of virus etc

peter
    I have tools I don't know how to use!!

There has been search hijacking malware out there. Any decent malware remover should deal with it, it's an old old threat now.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Comment

This is pretty well covered here:

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/thr...this-forum-%29

Comment

It may not actually be a hijacking. If you look at the bottom of that page, he
        has your search criteria in his key words.

Guys on craigslist do this all the time. I may be looking for brake rotor, and it
        brings up a post selling something totally different. But if you look at his keywords
        at the bottom on his page, he will have an entire page full of every possible word
        associated with cars. I flag these guys. Burns my butt.
        John Titor, when are you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Amick View Post
          It may not actually be a hijacking. If you look at the bottom of that page, he
          has your search criteria in his key words.

Guys on craigslist do this all the time. I may be looking for brake rotor, and it
          brings up a post selling something totally different. But if you look at his keywords
          at the bottom on his page, he will have an entire page full of every possible word
          associated with cars. I flag these guys. Burns my butt.
          Not quite as bad is when they state they're selling the listed item because they just purchased what you searched for.

I agree with you on the keywords and do the same, simply can't understand what they think it will get them. They sure don't get any bonus points for page hits, and you're not likely to change your mind about a truck and buy a Chevette instead simply because he put F250 in his keywords.

Edit, there have been a few odd ads where I couldn't find a single reason for the ad showing in a search til I checked the contact information...
          Last edited by kendall; 03-11-2015, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the info.
            I have checked extensively for malware but can find none - I suppose I will just have to suffer.
            Just what is to be gained by all those words in search criteria - just makes me mad!

Peter
            I have tools I don't know how to use!!

Comment

Placing a '+' in front of a word requires it in the result and '-' does the opposite. I often search for videos with '-youtube' to narrow the result.
              Paul Compton
              www.morini-mania.co.uk
              http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru

Comment

Working...
              X