bridgeport powered oilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bridgeport powered oilers

Hopefully a quick daft question someone will know the definite answer to.
    Im at the point of wiring up the powered oiler for my bridgeport interact as I want to start using it, but its occured to me I do not know fully how it works. To be clear, this is the unit which is similar to the pull a plunger bijur type commonly found on manual machines, but instead of a plunger it has wires coming out of it.
    I dont have the old control or know how it controlled it however. Is it a unit which runs continually once the machine is powered up, or should it just be powered up periodically by the controls to do a oil shot once every x minutes runtime and at startup etc?
    I could try both, but hoping someone just knows and saves me the clean up or long term wear from getting it wrong.

I have the same unit on a BP cnc machine. Mine is 120 volts.It is on all the time the machine is on.
    There is an adjustment under the cap for volume.

Comment

Mrfluffy: Most of them are wired so that when the main power switch for the machine is on, the powered oiler is running. They (Bijur powered oilers) have a clock motor that delivers one pump every 8 hrs. They have cams that slowly push the plunger up once in 8 hrs. Three pumps in 24 hrs. Most people leave them on all the time.

Sarge
      Last edited by sarge41; 03-16-2015, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Ill wire it up so its powered when the main cabinet 3 phase is on. The machine is switched on at its isolator when its being started up to do some work so it can start up as part of that.

Comment

Working...
        X