Enjoyed N.A.M.E.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoyed N.A.M.E.S.

Went saturday, Had a blast! Thanks again for the efffort to every that made it happen! Didn't see as many young people as I had hoped. My Grandson is only 2 & I hope when he 8 or 10 I can start taking him as when he comes over the place he want's to go is Papas shop & he just has to know what things are & how they work. He's going to be a tool boy!
    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
    country, in easy stages."
    ~ James Madison

the show was great but there is never enough parking it took me 20 min to get a spot saturday morning

Comment

I was there as well, good show as usual. My 17 th year in a row. I put it on the home calendar in Jan so nobody plans anything to conflict. We should wear name tags so we can recognize one another. I did get to meet our beloved moderator and introduce myself and chat with Wes Bye and some others. Bob.

Comment

Good show

Originally posted by coldformer View Post
        the show was great but there is never enough parking it took me 20 min to get a spot saturday morning
        I agree. The show was great but parking sucked. I had to street park a couple blocks away but it was well worth it. Picked up a few goodies. Nothing to brag about. I enjoyed the micro- turning seminar. I try to put it on my calendar a year ahead of time, but it still gets stomped on. Normally the grandkids birthday party.

Looking at the turn out, they may need to start looking for a larger place to hold it in. Boo tomorrow line a great show.

Comment

I think name tags would be a great idea

Comment

I was the good looking one
            Wasn't going to mention it but most of you aged 10 years since last yesr except George who always looks the same
            Last edited by flylo; 04-19-2015, 10:42 PM.
            "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
            world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
            country, in easy stages."
            ~ James Madison

Comment

SWMBO and I went to a concert Friday evening, got home and to bed around midnight, up at 5 am and made it up to NAMES ~10am Saturday thanks to our rented 2015 Charger being a rocket on rails across the IN/OH/MI countryside.

I managed to take a few pics, bought a somewhat rare chuck to add to the collection, and had quite a bit of fun for a few hours before a delicious lunch next door at the historic Captain's Bar and an afternoon at the Henry Ford museum/village.
              "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

Glad to hear that everybody that came both as exhibitors and spectators enjoyed themselves. It was a great show and the weather may have cooperated to much as some may have stayed home did other things. Had a lot of interesting new exhibits, and the Tiger tank from down under is amazing V12 petrol engined, 16 channel radio control. The story of building the tank is an interesting read. I'm glad that I picked up a copy. The only downer was the trucking company that missed delivering the stuff for Little Machine shop. I would like to thank every one that came to make the show a success.
                Glen
                Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
                I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
                All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Anyone have a link to some pics? One day I will make it out there!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiapaul View Post
                    Anyone have a link to some pics? One day I will make it out there!
                    Here is a link to some,http://www.modelenginemaker.com/inde...92552#msg92552
                    I will be posting some later
                    Glen
                    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

I have learned to be there at (or this year 5 min before) 9 am on Saturday to both get a parking spot and to be able to inch along the vendor's tables without being overly hindered. By 10:30 I had used up the cash (fun money) that I brought, my fanny pack and tote bag were getting a bit heavy so I sat in the Home CNC seminar. Even though CNC is not on my personal radar at the moment it was an informative and enjoyable talk.

Comment

thanks for the pics link!

Comment

For those that want to make plans for next year. For parking the group has a shuttle bus making runs between the High school parking lot on Eureka rd and the Yack. It is only 4 short blocks from the Yack but plenty of additional parking It runs on Saturday from the start to the last car is out of the lot. This year that was about 3pm, when the drive said there were no more cars in the lot. You can Google the Yack and high school to get an idea of how close they are.
                          Glen

Comment

Here you go, Due to my newness in using this Mac the photo's seem to have a mind of their own but this is the slide show. the tank is a V-12 petrol engine 16 channel radio control took 10 years to build. the 1911 is 1/3 size the other tools and guns are also mini's here is the link to the slide show. The guy that built the tank traveled from down under to come to our show.
                            http://s35.photobucket.com/user/ptsi...w/NAMES%202015
                            Glen

Comment

If you get there a bit earlier, you'll find parking at the Yack. We were there a bit before 9:30 and found no problem.

Was a shame about LMS, I always enjoy shopping with them, and usually carry more stuff home than I really need.

The Tiger tank was beautiful!

Comment

Working...
                              X