No announcement yet.

Enjoyed N.A.M.E.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for posting the pictures Glen. I missed the show again this year but it was good to see what I missed.

Brian
    OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by jdunmyer View Post
      If you get there a bit earlier, you'll find parking at the Yack. We were there a bit before 9:30 and found no problem.

Was a shame about LMS, I always enjoy shopping with them, and usually carry more stuff home than I really need.

The Tiger tank was beautiful!
      What about LMS?

Comment

Originally posted by tlfamm View Post
        What about LMS?
        Their stock never made it out of PA. They were told it was in MI on Thursday, but the story change to "it will arrive Monday" when they arrived. They offered show prices and free shipping but had nothing for sale at the show. The drawback to doing two shows back-to-back.
        George
        Traverse City, MI

Comment

A few I took.

http://s164.photobucket.com/user/cdu...20NAMES%20Expo
          "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

justanengineer: Nice photos, thanks for posting. I wasn't able to make it out this year but next year when the two shows are not back toback I should be there. Good lord willing and the creek don't rise!
            Errol Groff

New England Model Engineering Society
            http://neme-s.org/

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GroffErrol?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks for posting the photos justanengineer. I saw some of the stuff in your pics when I was there a few years ago.

Brian
              OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

I wasn't able to make it out this year but next year when the two shows are not back toback I should be there.
                Glad to hear that Errol
                Glen
                Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
                I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
                All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

I am curious. Do shows like this charge an admission fee and if so, how much?

And are there any shows in the area between Chicago and New Orleans in June? I am planning a trip. Include Texas and Oklahoma.
                  Paul A.
                  SE Texas

Make it fit.
                  You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Cabin Fever $15.00, NAMES $10.00 The only other shows in the country that I know of are the Black Hills show and a couple out west. There are model exhibits at some of the antique engine shows. There is also a show in Saskatchewan, Canada.
                    gbritnell

Comment

There are also shows that are not model engineering shows, but feature machine tools, black smithing, old tractors and full sized steam and hit-n-miss engines like those at Kinzers in Pa., CAMA in Ct. and Tuckahoe in Md.

Comment

Speaking of other shows, the best and most complete is this a dealer that got out of the biz of attending shows used to sell them at NAMES. But here is the link to it's home page.http://www.farmcollector.com/show-directory/home.aspx
                        Look at the on line listings, as they also have set up by state shows.
                        Also here is a show listing from the stak forum.
                        http://www.smokstak.com/forum/calendar.php?c=1
                        Also here is a link to the show forums list on the stak.http://www.smokstak.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128
                        that members might find useful
                        Last edited by PTSideshow; 04-22-2015, 06:42 PM.
                        Glen
                        All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Many thanks for all your superb efforts in organising these shows PTSideshow.

I am totally in awe of the research as well as dedication and manufacturing skill-sets that the exhibitors (and others similar - who don't "show") have as I can only partially appreciate it all.

It is way way above my skills - and always will be - but I am quite over-awed by the pics etc.

So far as I am aware there is nothing similar near where I live in OZ else I'd make a good effort to be there. Those that have and go to and exhibit in USA, UK, and Europe etc. are very fortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtiffie View Post
                            Many thanks for all your superb efforts in organising these shows PTSideshow.

I am totally in awe of the research as well as dedication and manufacturing skill-sets that the exhibitors (and others similar - who don't "show") have as I can only partially appreciate it all.

It is way way above my skills - and always will be - but I am quite over-awed by the pics etc.

So far as I am aware there is nothing similar near where I live in OZ else I'd make a good effort to be there. Those that have and go to and exhibit in USA, UK, and Europe etc. are very fortunate.
                            The tiger tank was built by a fellow from down under Ol'tiffle he is what I post to a guy from NZ on another forum about Mr Deans book.

I don't know much other than it is by Gerard Dean 1/5 scale and he has built everything. 16 channel Radio, traks and tires he calls it the Wimmera tiger tank. I bought his book on building it, And you probably find it very useful in your quest.
                            contact info:
                            GDHI
                            35 Cleeland Road
                            Oakleigh South Victoria 3167
                            Australia
                            web:www.thewimmeratiger.com
                            email: [email protected]

The ISBN is 978-0-9941553-0-6 in case you want your local book store to see about ordering it. For those in the US tony of nation builderbooks N-B books on flea bay picked up some to sell. [email protected] Tony Wikrent they are out of Mebane NC 571-233-76911

I have only started reading it, while attending the compressor at the show and so far it is an enjoyable read for a Yank! It is fascinating what he had to over come.He does talk about making trak's. 121 pages, lots of B&W, Color photos, drawings and computer generated drawings. On gloss paper and on the whole very nicely done.

I had a chance to talk with him and a couple of his mates that were with him. I did make him an official member of the "Clowns plain clothes division" Very great guy. He is more an electronics guy.
                            Last edited by PTSideshow; 04-23-2015, 06:34 AM.
                            Glen

Comment

Hi PTSideshow.

Many thanks for your info to contact Mr. Dean.

First email was returned as the ".com.au" suffix was not used.

It worked OK with the ",com.au" affixed to read:

[email protected]

I will await his reply.

His address is within driving distance from here.

Many thanks.
                              Last edited by oldtiffie; 04-22-2015, 11:32 PM.

Comment

I didn't ask him how long he would be in the states. So he may not be back home yet. Thanks I corrected the post and original
                                Last edited by PTSideshow; 04-23-2015, 06:35 AM.
                                Glen

Comment

Working...
                                X