OT, subsidies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT, subsidies

Just to make your day... http://www.starhq.com/html/localnews...04WalMart.html

How does a multi-million dollar corporation get away with receiving that much money? How do they have the stones to take that much away from other programs that need it? It's pretty shady. But, I'm not sure I agree with the last comment about poor job quality. Being a younger guy, I know a lot of people my age who started their high-school-working careers at Wallyworld, and they had pretty good things to say about it, but they weren't supporting anyone either. Personally, I don't care for large corporate stores like that. I live in the small town of Cadillac, MI and i watched a lot of small businesses die after Wal-mart arrived.

Comment

Old news,Wal-mart gets what they want period,all they have to do is wave sales tax in front of politicians and they trip over each other to give them what they want.

At work we also sell industrial supplies,tools,fittings,bearing you name it,we pay property tax,inventory tax,personal property tax and Wal-Mart pays nothing.

Wal-Mart beats the inventory tax because theirs rolls over every two months.
      Ours because we stock things like 3-15/16" tapered roller pillow block bearings can sit around for years all the while we pay inventory tax(4%)until it sells.4% doesn't sound like much,but when there is only 15%profit margin to begin with.

No we get the short end of the stick,and yes about 15 small businesses went out since they moved in,that totaled 64 jobs which is 10 more than they currently employ at Wal-Mart,why is that better?

Plus the city had to annex new land,and install a new water tower(1.5millon$)and a new sewer system,and new roads and now local cops are over there every fifteen minutes to arrest shoplifters,so how is this better?
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Obviously it isn't better.

And since they flat refuse to sell anything American made if they don't have to, they already displaced a lot of other workers.

Probably planned, those folks now don't have the money to shop anywhere but wal-mart.

Wal-mart would like to employ everyone, and sell everything that is sold. Then they wouldn't need money, just work slips.

Wal-Mart, making more customers daily......

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

Comment

This may shed a bit of light on the Walmart-China connection.

http://www.chinamarket.com.hk/temp/s.../szwalmart.htm
          Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Working...
          X