Extension to leadscrew- finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension to leadscrew- finished

Thanks for all the input, I ended up reducing the thickness of the nut and one of the thick thrust bearing washers to give me enough exposed thread on the end of the leadscrew. I copied cavebBobs method http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/thr...n-to-leadscrew of attaching the pulley, but used 2 set screws with aluminum plugs. To disengage the belt I loosen the T handle and pivot the motor. The wiper motor has two speeds, for now low speed seems to be plenty. I'm pretty happy with the way it works, it's nice and smooth, quiet and has plenty of power.

Again, thanks for the input

Stu

that's really neat! It'll be great to dial in feed with a knob instead of messing with levers or change gears. Does each speed have an adjustment range with that pot? Did you make or buy the pulleys? Looks really slick either way.

Comment

Originally posted by mattthemuppet View Post
      that's really neat! It'll be great to dial in feed with a knob instead of messing with levers or change gears. Does each speed have an adjustment range with that pot? Did you make or buy the pulleys? Looks really slick either way.
      Thanks, the pot controls the motor in either speed. I bought the pulleys.

Stu

Comment

Working...
      X