Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know any info on this lathe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know any info on this lathe?

I am wanting a larger lathe for my home shop. This Rockwell lathe is on Craig's list with in an 1 1/2 hours drive. Does anyone know any info on this lathe?

Maybe http://www.lathes.co.uk/delta%20metal/page3.html
    looks similar, at least

Comment

For the price of gas and the fact that it is a good selling price, depending on actual conditions, I would be willing to go ahead and see it. Take a few tools, dial indicator and a piece of stock to run in it.
      Let us know what you end up finding out and if you get it.

Mr fixit for the family
      Chris

Comment

I am more concerned about the weight and size of the machine. My shop at home is in a storage building so if a machine is too heavy it can cause a problem. I can deal with the motor if it is a 3 phase but if the machine is over a 1000 pounds I might have to pass

Comment

Looks very similar to 14" Rockwell 25-490.

Length 84", width front to rear 25", height 48", weight with standard equipment 2050 pounds.

Comment

I have its little brother 11.5". Mine is I feel a very well built machine for its size. I think mine is right around 900 lbs

Comment

Those look an awful lot like Logan castings. Especially for the headstock.

Comment

Price is right, but condition "fair". Wonder what that means.....

Comment

Thanks guys, the information was helpful. I will call him and get more details, the gentleman gave me a phone #. I really hope that is is the smaller one because I just don't think if it is the larger one it will work. Too bad I am not in my old shop that I had in Salisbury

Comment

Rockwell 14". Think they have the same L00 taper found in the 11".

2000 lbs sounds right.

"Fair condition" is meaningless. One guys fair is needs spit and polish, another guys fair is cracked castings and bent spindle. Should check out in person if interested, only way to determine condition.
                    Gary

Appearance is Everything...

Comment

I decided against the lathe. it just wont work in my shop. Since I use a converted storage building a late that weighs 2000 lbs is a bit much. Too bad it sounds like a good deal. I need one just a bit smaller, I keep looking for one like I want. Just want some thing with a gear box for feeds and speeds plus a lot more rigid than my present lathe

Comment

Working...
                      X