appears to be a high quality document teaching auto painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• appears to be a high quality document teaching auto painting

I learn a lot by reading. Probably some people nowadays prefer to watch videos. But I like well written well edited information that I can hold in my hand or take on an airplane. For a long time I wondered how to use a tool & cutter grinder, for example. Then I found one book which was really stellar. (This isn't about that ..)

I make things. I fix things. I restore things. In the end, I always have to paint things. I know very little about painting. I don't know how to learn more about painting short of taking a technical college course in auto body work. I have friends who do these amazing paint jobs and I wish I could too. Lately I've been considering HVLP, something I *really* know nothing about. I stopped at a Wesco store today and talked to the counter guy. Late 50s, been into cars since the muscle car era. He showed me a printed out bound version of a document. I realized I'd struck gold. When I got home I quickly found it and downloaded it. Lots of very useful information about painting. Here ya go .. - metalmagpie

Very good, Thanks you! I painted a few bike & cars in my youth with some very nasty/toxic stuff but like asbestos it worked well & no one doing it knew. Thanks for the link!

Comment

Certainly explains why good paint work costs so much.

Anyone else have computer issues after linking to the PPG site?

Comment

Working...
      X