poor speller- Aspell cx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poor speller- Aspell cx?

When I post, down loading photos is not a problem, but spelling is. is there a spell cx I can use when posting?
    If you want total security, go to prison.
    There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on.
    The only thing lacking...
    is freedom. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Chrome or Firefox web browser has spell check built in...

Sam

Comment

^ but sadly no grammar...

Comment

Steve, I have a problem spelling also so I type my post in Word, then copy and paste. Yes I just edit my post
        Jim
        Last edited by jcon; 05-11-2015, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Sorry, but I think it's funny that the thread title is misspelled...or did you do that on purpose?

Comment

My spell checker is possessed with evil spirits, it changes random words into other random words, somtimes funny, but defining telly (definitely) unrelated I think it may need psychiatric help or exercising (exorcism)
            Markus

Comment

I dont use a spell checker, dont like the junk that down loads with it . My opinion spell like you can we are not here for a spelling contest.

Comment

Yes, the browsers should have a spell checker built in. I am using Firefox and it does. IE also has one. I often wonder if any of them are shared with other programs.

The one that Firefox uses is not the best. It often does not have the words I want to use, especially on this and similar boards so I am constantly checking the proper spelling with an on-line dictionary and adding it to the spell checker here. I just did that on my previous post.

But remember, this is a machining board, not a spelling and grammar board. Many of us make mistakes but as long as the meaning is clear, that makes little difference.
                Paul A.
                SE Texas

Make it fit.
                You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

Most people go through life spelling words only one way...it is up to some of us with creative minds to offer alternatives...if others don't see the genius in that, there is little else we can do for them....

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
                    But remember, this is a machining board, not a spelling and grammar board. Many of us make mistakes but as long as the meaning is clear, that makes little difference.
                    But sometimes the spelling is so bad that the meaning in not clear.
                    North Central Arkansas

Comment

Originally posted by jcon View Post
                      Steve, I have a problem spelling also so I type my post in Word, then copy and paste.
                      Jim
                      After you paste it are you still able to edit it ?
                      If you want total security, go to prison.
                      There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on.
                      The only thing lacking...
                      is freedom. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

I can't spell for crap either! What is it about machinists and spelling? I started working in job shops when I was 16 and very few machinists I've worked with over the years can spell. I guess you can only be good at so many things at a time

Comment

Yes there is a place to click at the bottom of the post

Comment

Originally posted by steve herman View Post
                            After you paste it are you still able to edit it ?
                            A better answer to your guestion wood be that after you paste it works just like you had typed, until send it. Then you can even edit even edit after you post it. Ijust edit my original post to see if I could.

Comment

Originally posted by TBN View Post
                              I can't spell for crap either! What is it about machinists and spelling? I started working in job shops when I was 16 and very few machinists I've worked with over the years can spell. I guess you can only be good at so many things at a time
                              There are people that are some what good in spelling but machinists they are not . I happend to know one in perticular

Comment

Working...
                              X