Lubrication of the Harrison L5A lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lubrication of the Harrison L5A lathe

I've got a Harrison L5A lathe and they have a number of oil inserts for oil lubrication.
    Now, how do you get 30 weight oil into these fixtures? I've looked in all the machinery catalogues, and all I can find are greese guns. Thanks, John

I use a good quality chainsaw grease gun.The type that is used to grease the nose of the bar.Works great.Just fill it with the oil you are going to use.
    e
    please visit my webpage:
    http://motorworks88.webs.com/

Comment

John,

You wanna Wanner!

Best Oil gun ever made - Bar none! Problem is they're best ever price as well.

RR

Comment

Hi Martin good to have you back Bud regards. Alistair
        Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Hi Alistair,

It's good to be back 'on-line'- nmissed all my machining mates over the last few months.

What's all this about you and green paint then??

RR

Comment

John: for about $7 you can pick up the oil "gun" like Harrison ships with M300 (and probably others). It's about 7" long and develops pressure within a cylinder at the tip when hand pressed against the oil port.

I picked up an identical copy at a nearby Stihl chainsaw and brush cutter dealer. I'm sure others must have it (maybe Euro brands).

Alistair: I'm working on painting a green Harrison M300 and John S. referenced you (and paint) in another thread. If he has already harassed me, I didn't recognize it

Den

Comment

Working...
            X