Ain't that strange? OT personal experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ain't that strange? OT personal experience

I passed a lady in town today. I used to live with her in the 80's.
    She was a buxsom pretty thing ten years younger than me. I was a foreman on a job working 12's doing construction. I came in from work got me a glass of iced tea, she was sunbathing in the back yard. I was admiring her in the window. She came in, got herself a glass of tea. She asked me, "what kind of tricks are you pulling on me?"

AS she was talking to me, a Crow flew down and got something off her towel in the yard. She then related that some of her silver rings I had bought her were missing and she didn't think it was funny. I tried to tell her I saw a crow get them, that made things worse. WHen me and her finally split up she was still mad thinking I had stolen her rings.

Today, I was looking for my air chuck to fill a portable tank, looking everywhere and cussing.. I looked down and my pup had laid the quick connect and chuck right at my feet. He must have snatched it sometime.

DOES THIS JUST HAPPEN TO ME? Is my Karma all screwed up. Does strange things just happen to strange people?

My dog got rewarded with a bowl full of beer, I got a beer drinking pup. Ain't that strange too? Sometimes I worry.

Now I am going to have me a few too. Do some cad work on a new invention.

David

Dr. Dolittle,
    Too bad you didn't have the pup back when the klepto crow was hanging around - it might have balanced out.

Legend has it that crows are the bird of wisdom. He might have been doing you a favor. Now your pup is there doing you favors. After all, who knows for sure some other critter didn't snatch it first. Maybe it is all balancing out. Sounds like good karma to me.

[This message has been edited by vinito (edited 06-09-2004).]

Comment

Are Karma's left hand threaded?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

That depend on how it all winds up.
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Nah your not messed up,your just noticing things others don't,I do it all the time,has been helpful my whole life.

[This message has been edited by wierdscience (edited 06-09-2004).]
          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

one of my good friends had his dog sparky drag away his best ever prized buck antlers one year. he looked everywhere and never found them. The next spring he accidentally ran the dog over with a big tractor. I ride him about that poor dog all the time. and, if I have a good audience, I tell everyone that sparky was still chained up.

Comment

Around here I'm always having to hunt down the rat nests. 16p nails, bolts, auto bulbs, small car parts; I even pulled a wire brush out of one. I end up having to set out poision then seek out the stink. It's the only way to find the nest.

Comment

"...Legend has it that crows are the bird of wisdom. He might have been doing you a favor..."

Not this time. He did say Buxom, did he not?

Comment

Indeed he did say that.
                  I lived with a buxom beauty for a spell - in my case she was the biggest pain-in-the-ass ever. Of course I'm probably not done yet.
                  Hopefully David fared better.

Comment

Ibew,

Just take a clue from Happy and don't let your Karma run over your Dogma!

Comment

It happens to me. A couple of months ago I bought a new 18 volt drill, two battery packs and charger with carrying case for $35 US. A real steal! I can't find the charger. I can find any one of the other 57 chargers I have but not that one. It doesn't make any sense. It hasn't left the building and I wouldn't put it far from an electrical outlet. It seems to have slipped sideways into the sock dimension.

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited 06-11-2004).]
                      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Yesterday, my dog ran to the shop, jumped on the door and barked one time.

I came outside and he was back at the gate bouncing straight up about 4 feet and snarling and barking.. It was the UPS man. It kinda reminded me of a tasmanian devil.

I love him being smart, I hate him being so damn aggressive. Especially to people I need.

I think he understands about ten words now. He is 7 1/2 months old and I am really attached to him. He really is stubborn too, I got rid of the shock collar since it would hardly work anymore, he'd stop and scratch it where it was shocking his neck.

David

Comment

My friend from High SChool, he had a pet German Shepard. This dog would bark at ANYONE that came to the house except for me. Never ever barked at me.
                          I go to Florida to visit my Uncle, his neighbor has a black lab, this dog is very nice to everyone but me. The second the dog see's me, she starts growling and barking and runs away. The dog must sense that I want to blow its head off with a shotgun, and runs away. Ofcourse growling back at her never seamed to help things.

Comment

IBEW Dear boy
                            would the schock coller fit my mother in law size 63"neck tightly packed with bulging veins and muscles,and also if you had a bite guard /muzzle to protect my fingers from her gnashing teeth (EVERY ONE TUNGSTEN CARBIDE TIPPED)TO THROW in I would make you a bid for them.I would prefer nothing too harmfull say a coller with a maximum voltage of say 60.000 volts and a minimum of say
                            59.999 volts.
                            I like to start of slowly till she gets used to it the crank that switch up till she lights up like a chritmas tree and the blue bottles which swarm around her head constantly buzzing all day long fry.Alistair pheewww sorry for the rant Alistair
                            Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Gee Alistair, don't hold back! Tell us how you really feel about your mother-in-law.

Comment

Working...
                              X