4 x 6 bandsaw in Yahoo Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 x 6 bandsaw in Yahoo Groups

Thanks to _Paul_ for the link to Mike cox's workshop site, http://mikesworkshop.weebly.com/band...-cylinder.html
    There's a wealth of information there. In his discussion about one of his mods, Mike says: "Detailed drawings of the hydraulic cylinder are available in the files section of http://groups.yahoo.com/group/4x6bandsaw/ ". I went there but had no luck getting into the files section. I did the join the group thing, but got no indication that I was accepted into the group. Have I not done something that I should have? Is this Yahoo feature still working? Has anyone tried using Yahoo Groups lately?
    “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

I don't use that group, but I do on several others. They work fine. If your application to join has to be moderated, there may be a delay depending on the administrator(s) current level of involvement.
    Last edited by lakeside53; 06-19-2015, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Also don't try to use MS Explorer to access Groups. Lots of bits don't work. Best I have found is Chrome.

Comment

I more or less quite using the three (?) Yahoo groups I am registered to a couple of years ago, they kept making what in my view were unnecessary changes with more and more hassle trying to access. Lots of info esp the 4x6 group, which is quite active but not worth frustration for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Baz View Post
          Also don't try to use MS Explorer to access Groups. Lots of bits don't work. Best I have found is Chrome.
          I use nothing else than IE and have zero problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
            Thanks to _Paul_ for the link to Mike cox's workshop site, http://mikesworkshop.weebly.com/band...-cylinder.html
            There's a wealth of information there. In his discussion about one of his mods, Mike says: "Detailed drawings of the hydraulic cylinder are available in the files section of http://groups.yahoo.com/group/4x6bandsaw/ ". I went there but had no luck getting into the files section. I did the join the group thing, but got no indication that I was accepted into the group. Have I not done something that I should have? Is this Yahoo feature still working? Has anyone tried using Yahoo Groups lately?
            Are you actually locked out based on not being accepted into the group yet? Yahoo Groups is constantly changing, and not always for the best. If you go to it, can you click on Conversations and actually read them? If so, then you are a new member. If not, try requesting membership again. You may be able to email an administrator to see what the problem is?

Dan
            Salem, Oregon

Comment

Originally posted by Danl View Post
              Are you actually locked out based on not being accepted into the group yet? Yahoo Groups is constantly changing, and not always for the best. If you go to it, can you click on Conversations and actually read them? If so, then you are a new member. If not, try requesting membership again. You may be able to email an administrator to see what the problem is?

Dan
              I can go to conversations and see the original post, but not the replies. Going to try registering again.

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

Tried to join again, and after clicking the submit button got this message: Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
                  Tried to join again, and after clicking the submit button got this message: Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
                  I don't know what is up with this, Dave, since there have been 4 new members added within the past week. I sent one of the owners a note asking him to look into your request.

Dan
                  Salem, Oregon

Comment

Working...
                  X