No announcement yet.

CX601 Milling Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this is the electronics card being replaced. It wasn't the one at the rear of the control box, it was located on the inside/underside of the top of the control box. The new electronics card they sent me does match this one in the picture. according to the BusyBee technician, it should be pretty well a "plug and play" job, with no soldering required. These photos will be my record of what things looked like before I start pulling off wires and transferring them to the new card, one at a time.

Brian Rupnow
    Design engineer
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• New board is installed, and still no cure. However, there is some good in this.--I now realize that I don't have to transport the entire mill to Toronto for Repairs. I only need to take the head with the motor on it. Am I disappointed?---Yes. Ah well, my hands and wrists are too buggered up with carpal tunnel to do much anyways. I've worked almost every day this winter on my mill and lathe, and if I have a few more days of downtime it isn't going to matter one way or the other.
      Brian Rupnow
      Design engineer
      Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• Aahh bummer. But you know, I saw your post first thing this morning and I was happy for you. Because you were back in the shop again.
        25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

• Brian - have you eliminated the chip guard microswitch as a possibility. If not. just take the cover off the switch and temporarily join the two wires together to see if it will go.
          Larry - west coast of Canada

Comment

• Originally posted by brian Rupnow View Post
            New board is installed, and still no cure. However, there is some good in this.--I now realize that I don't have to transport the entire mill to Toronto for Repairs. I only need to take the head with the motor on it. Am I disappointed?---Yes. Ah well, my hands and wrists are too buggered up with carpal tunnel to do much anyways. I've worked almost every day this winter on my mill and lathe, and if I have a few more days of downtime it isn't going to matter one way or the other.
            Double and triple check every connection. Heavy cut could have loosened some screws or work intermitted fault to those multipole connectors/cables between boards.

We just "installed" new chinese RF45 clone and before even attempting to start it I went through the electronics box: All screws were tight but one of the cables was placed on the wrong side of the clamping anvil and came loose with slightest pull.

Comment

• One of the first things I did after buying this mill was to permanently bypass the chip guard switch.
              Last edited by brian Rupnow; 03-04-2021, 06:10 PM.
              Brian Rupnow
              Design engineer
              Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• I've actually been watching this thread with some interest for some time. I was hoping to go to Toronto and shop at BusyBee a couple of yrs ago, before my entire thing fell apart (medical issues and now the COVID lockdown)

If they ever open the border again, and I'm able to, I plan on shopping there.

Comment

• So when you go through your starting sequence and push the green start button nothing happens and there is no sounds at all ? Have you tried it in reverse just to be sure not just forward that is out. After this I am running out of ideas but I will trade you today. I have the dish washer laying on it's side in the kitchen and would much sooner be working on the mill.

Comment

• No response at all in foreword or reverse. I have taken the head completely off the machine and set it on my stool. It is very, very heavy, but nothing compared to the weight of the entire mill. Tomorrow I will probably bring in my cherry-picker hoist, move it from the stool to my two wheeled dolly, wheel it out to the garage and then lift it into my truck and take it to Toronto.
                    Last edited by brian Rupnow; 03-04-2021, 06:32 PM.
                    Brian Rupnow
                    Design engineer
                    Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• Yes, I carried one of those heads around in the back of my Subaru Forester for a while shortly after I got my mill. I was having some problems so they sent me home with the head off one of their showroom models. Turned out it was older than mine and had a few differences. Also when I bolted it in place the fore and aft tram was quite a bit out with no way to correct it. So we went back to the original head and I fixed all the problem areas with parts they supplied. I think I had their head sitting here for over a month because they didn't want pay my ferry fare for a special trip to bring it back so they said bring it back the next time you come over. Good thing it wasn't this year. we haven't been to the mainland in about 8 months. Hope they can fix it for you quickly. I would be interested in knowing what the problem turned out to be for future reference. Got to go and get that dish washer back together.

Comment

• The head is in Toronto. Very little problem in loading it into my truck and driving it down and unloading. Takes me 1 hour to go one way. They will repair it and then ship it up to the Barrie sales outlet which is only 3 km from my house. I got home, had a hand full off papers in one hand with instructions on how to find the shop in Toronto, had a rolled up tarp in the other hand, and stepped out of my truck. My driveway is solid ice and I felt both feet starting to go. I cursed as loudly as I could, held on to my papers and tarp, and ended up flat on my back like an old turtle that someone had flipped over on it's back. I folded into the fall as well as I could, and other than a moment of sheer terror as I was in freefall seemed to be unharmed. So there I was, laying on my back, wet from ar$hole to eyeballs, rather shocked to say the least. After deciding that the only think harmed seemed to be my dignity, I scrambled around on my hands and knees retrieving all of my paperwork (which by this time had blown underneath the truck). Went into my house told my good wife I had a "great trip", and spent the remainder of the day setting on the couch and reading.
                        Brian Rupnow
                        Design engineer
                        Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• Glad to hear you survived your "trip", Brian, I live in fear of falling over now, I would have great difficulty getting up even if nothing was broken. We have had almost no ice at all here in the west country, UK.

Comment

• Glad to hear you survived it OK. I find that its easier to go down than up

Comment

• Today I got the phone call from BusyBee in Toronto. The holder for the glass fuse which is located on the underside of the control box had failed internally. The technician said that he has never seen that happen before. I had the fuse out and examined it while I was trouble shooting the mill myself, but the fuse was okay. The mill will be shipped back to me on Thursday. I personally am not doing very well, as I have carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists and very bad arthritis in my knees. I'm off to see the doctor in about an hour.---Brian
                              Brian Rupnow
                              Design engineer
                              Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• Hope the Dr. can fix you up. It is no fun when you are fighting those things when you are trying to do something. Good news about the mill. You know you were on the right track. I will try and keep it in mind for future reference. Take care.

Comment

Working...
                                X