No announcement yet.

Sorta OT - Wearing wedding rings in the shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read of a story where a guy was moving a HLV-H (I think) it tipped over, and his ring caught the corner of the 4 way toolpost and dragged him into the fall. He was OK, but it could've ended much worse.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Comment

A District Office who worked for the provincial electrical utility here years ago was working in the meter box on a farm transformer pole and accidentally shorted out the secondary cable from the transformer to the grounded box with a screwdriver he was using. Serious wattage through his wedding ring darn near melted it and he almost lost his finger from the burn.

I can guarantee you that everyone who has had an accident involving a ring (with resultant carnage) never thought it would happen to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre3127 View Post
        I read of a story where a guy was moving a HLV-H (I think) it tipped over, and his ring caught the corner of the 4 way toolpost and dragged him into the fall. He was OK, but it could've ended much worse.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
        How could anything be worse than tipping over an HLV-H? I mean, fingers are a dime a dozen but a HLV-H...

All kidding aside, I sold my wedding band years ago and replaced it with a tattoo band.
        -Roland
        Golf Course Mechanic

Bedminster NJ

Comment

Working...
        X