Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Gloat -- On The Fence About This One...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Gloat -- On The Fence About This One...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...f_rd_i=desktop

Have the chance to pick up one of these as shown with the collet-set and mini-vice. Previous owner says it is "very weak" and can only really work soft wood and plastic.

That makes it perfect for what I have in mind.

Anyone else have practical experience with this model? Unless it is "really bad" $150 bucks it becomes mine.
    This is the ending.... still your need is driven on (driven on) as we trigger one more bomb...

Had a tinker with a proxon, it wasn't what I'd call weak, small but you couldent stop the spindle easily by hand, .2 hp isn't much but cutters are going to be tiny anyway, I bought a little high speed drill, it's a heavy cast iron thing with a chuck that uses the smallest chuck key(0 or 1) have found it really usefull with small drills, the rpm of a normal drill is way way too low but at 15000 a carbide .3 mm dill goes through steel like a knife thru butter
    Mark

Comment

Going to make some folks scream with this, but I intend to use it as a sanding station for 3D printed parts. Stick various sanding and grinding bobs in there and instant fixed-position cleanup station for printed parts.

Perhaps it may find use as a tiny drill-press for ABS/PLA/Photopolymer at some point.
      This is the ending.... still your need is driven on (driven on) as we trigger one more bomb...

Comment

It has been my experience that Shop Fox and Jet tools are waaaay overpriced and sometimes junk. I think you can find something suitable to your purposes for a lot less money.

Comment

It would be interesting to read a review on one of these

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/6-in-...564950921.html

Comment

Overpriced sanding spindle?

Comment

Working...
            X