Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great help from a company in USA

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Great help from a company in USA

    I have a leather sewing machine made in USA. It started giving me a little trouble and skipping stitches somewhat erratically. After checking and doing everything I knew how or what to do I called the company in USA. The woman answering the phone told me she knew exactly who I needed to talk to and transferred me to him.
    After telling him what it was doing he asked If I was at the machine and could I hold the phone to the machine while I stitched some. I did and he listened and then I put the phone back to my ear and asked if he could tell anything. He laughed and told me he knew exactly what was wrong with it and how to fix it. Turns out is was a valve that wasn't working 100% and causing the problem. He told me I could try to flush the valve with some solvent and then oil it and give it a try but his experience was it might help for a little while but replacing the valve was my best solution. So I told him to send me the valve and anything else he thinks might be a candidate for going out. He said no problem I will make you up a care package. Then he transferred me to another man that took my name and address for the shipment. I asked about payment and he said they would send a bill with the package. This was an order for just over two hundred dollars so I was surprised they would just send a bill. I wanted to pay it immediately so he said if I insisted I could use a credit card or paypal. I used PayPal.
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

  • #2
    Nice to know there are companies and people out there that still believe in customer service.
    Plain ol Bill

    Comment


    • #3
      why not tell us the name of the company?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Plain ol Bill View Post
        Nice to know there are companies and people out there that still believe in customer service.
        and even do know what they are talking about

        Comment


        • #5
          Tippman. The same company of paintball fame.
          The sewing machine was discontinued around 15 years ago.
          How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
            Tippman. The same company of paintball fame.
            The sewing machine was discontinued around 15 years ago.
            Ah HAH, was wondering why a sewing machine would have an air valve? Makes sense now

            Comment


            • #7
              I had similar dealing with Schweiss Doors out of Minnesota,when I bought my 18'x40' hydralic door.I sent them a 25% deposit a few months before delivery and when they delivered the door I give the truck driver a check for remaining 75% and they cashed it when he got back home and that was 2100km away.

              Comment

              Working...
              X