V belt sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V belt sizes

Could someone point me to a resource that outlines how to determine v belt sizes. I tried the calculations using pulley outside diameter and c-c distances, after receiving the belts (too long) they then tell me that the sizes on the belt are the inside dimensions. Is this industry standard?
    Is there a standard formula to use for the calculating different belt sizes?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Here is a calculator.
    http://www.gizmology.net/pulleysbelts.htm

Comment

That is a neat website, great references and help.

Jerry

Comment

Measure the od of the two pulleys,calculate the circumfrence of both,divide them by 2,measure the shaft center distance and multiply by two,add the two figures together and that is the outside length of the belt,BUT!

Now you are getting into belt types,you have the classical groove belts(A,B,C ETC)L and V series belts,the two use two different systems of measurement,the classical are measured by alien standards and the L/V series are measured by the outside circ.

So when ordering a belt if you see a number like 4L450 that would have a circ.on the outside of 45 inches exactly,however if it has a number like A45 it will have an outside of 45+ inches,I don't have my belt book infront of me,but it should be something like 45.8 inches of some other odd number,so read the actual length when ordering.
        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

That's what I was looking for. Thank you.
          Neat web site, lots of good info available.

Tim

Comment

Working...
          X