Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: American servicemen save Europe from another terrorist massacre

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OT: American servicemen save Europe from another terrorist massacre

    Wow, I just read that two american service men jumped a terrorist with an AK47 on the high speed train from Amsterdam to Paris. Judging from the almost 300 rounds he was carrying they saved a lot of lives yesterday.

    Apparently they saw the guy with the gun and didn't hesitate a second to decide to grab him while he started shooting the first passenger. One of them suffered stab wounds after wrestling the gun away from him but they still managed to subdue him.

    There should be a fund to keep such kind of heriosm supplied with beer money for the rest of their lives. I'd sure as hell donate.

    http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/21/eu...rain-shooting/

    Igor
    Last edited by ikdor; 08-22-2015, 09:24 AM.

  • #2
    They were in the right place at the right time and did the right thing.

    Kudos to them.

    Steve

    Comment


    • #3
      Well done to them, courageous guys, I'd be a bit bothered by a nutter with an AK pointed at me
      They do deserve a lot more than beer money, but will probably get a trinket from the French government instead
      Mark

      Comment


      • #4
        My impression is that the guys immediately realized that they were dead men if they didn't act decisively, regardless of the danger. I salute them!

        I would like to hope I would act the same way if I were in that situation.
        Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
        ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

        Comment


        • #5
          Awesome work.

          Now I hope they don't get mired down in "rules and regulations" for acting outside protocol and without approval and blah blah blah.
          This is the ending.... still your need is driven on (driven on) as we trigger one more bomb...

          Comment


          • #6
            I have seen reports that two Marines, a national guardsman, a college student, an Air Force guy, and an elderly British guy were among the three heroes

            I am thinking that the college student is an Air National Guard guy, which would cut the crowd down a little

            Comment


            • #7
              These guys are true heros. The term hero is thrown around way to easily. When a fireman or a policeman
              gets hurt, usually they are just doing their job. But these guys unnecessarily put themselves in harms way to
              save others.

              edit:
              "unnecessarily" ... probably wasn't the right word, but hopefully you know what I mean.
              Last edited by Mike Amick; 08-22-2015, 01:42 PM.
              John Titor, when are you.

              Comment


              • #8
                Can someone explain how, in gun-fearing Europe, someone gets on a high-profile train with an AK47?
                Regards, Marv

                Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
                http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

                Location: LA, CA, USA

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well the folding stock model is only about 26" long with the stock folded. That would fit easily in a small suitcase.

                  As far as the rest of the question, I have long believed that people who want to use a firearm to commit a crime tend not to get too excited about whether they are violating a firearms law.

                  Steve

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mklotz View Post
                    Can someone explain how, in gun-fearing Europe, someone gets on a high-profile train with an AK47?
                    Good question. Maybe it should be passed on to the anti gun liberals in congress.
                    “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

                    Lewis Grizzard

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                      Well the folding stock model is only about 26" long with the stock folded. That would fit easily in a small suitcase.

                      As far as the rest of the question, I have long believed that people who want to use a firearm to commit a crime tend not to get too excited about whether they are violating a firearms law.

                      Steve

                      EXACTLY!

                      One of the DUMBEST things we do here in this country is create "Gun free Zones" as if a potential terrorist, a common robber or a nut case is going to abide by such a rule! Gun free zones would be much better labeled "defenseless persons zones", basically it's a welcome sign for the bad guys (come and get us)!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mklotz View Post
                        Can someone explain how, in gun-fearing Europe, someone gets on a high-profile train with an AK47?
                        easy, by just hiding i under a coat, just the same one would do in gun loving USA

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by radkins View Post
                          EXACTLY!

                          One of the DUMBEST things we do here in this country is create "Gun free Zones" as if a potential terrorist, a common robber or a nut case is going to abide by such a rule! Gun free zones would be much better labeled "defenseless persons zones", basically it's a welcome sign for the bad guys (come and get us)!
                          so tell, why is it there are way less gun killings in those defeneless persons zones than there are in the USA?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mike Amick View Post
                            These guys are true heros. The term hero is thrown around way to easily. When a fireman or a policeman
                            gets hurt, usually they are just doing their job. But these guys unnecessarily put themselves in harms way to
                            save others.

                            edit:
                            "unnecessarily" ... probably wasn't the right word, but hopefully you know what I mean.
                            Fireman or Policeman just doing their job! Are you being serious. They are true heros everyday. The guys on the train knew if they didn't do something they would probably get shot and killed. Tackle the guy and maybe live or do nothing and get shot....a no brainer decision. They saved others for sure but they had to act for their own interests.

                            A Fireman or Policeman puts his life on the line every time they suit up. They are heros just for taking the job in my book.
                            Location: The Black Forest in Germany

                            How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mike Amick View Post
                              These guys are true heros. The term hero is thrown around way to easily. When a fireman or a policeman
                              gets hurt, usually they are just doing their job. But these guys unnecessarily put themselves in harms way to
                              save others.

                              edit:
                              "unnecessarily" ... probably wasn't the right word, but hopefully you know what I mean.

                              so what does acting to save ones own hide ( and hereby saving some others) make it heroism?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X