Hiding, but where ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiding, but where ?

Spent a good hour today looking for my ball turning tool, need to make some radiused rollers. Can I find the bally thing ? I know where it should be, I know what sort of box it is in but can I find the damn thing ?

Anyway after wasting well over an hour I picked the phone up and ordered a new one. Should have done that within ten minutes as I wasted more than a new tool costs.

So tomorrow I'll put it in a nice box and put it away and hopefully it will be at the side of the other one
    Not a complete waste as if the first one does show up then Gert MKll can have one for her lathe.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Should have asked Deb right off. She probably has it or knows where it is!
    Kansas City area

Comment

Been there done that John - and probably not unlike quite a few here am still doing it and getting worse as I get older.

I do like the positive approach and outcome .

And when does your good lady start in the shop on her lathe?

Well done and best wishes.

Comment

If you find my tile drill bits under your stuff somewhere will you let me know? I've been thinking I'll stumble across them for the past couple weeks. The stuff must be under the level IV cleanup layer.

Comment

....and by the time it arrives you'll forgetten what you needed for and just tuck away somewhere until you remember

met a guy who 3 or 4 of everything who offered up that explanation. I believe him. Never seen a place like, no woman's influence and every room in the house ended up packed with engineering or hobby stuff of one kind or another. Of course many would think thats a good thing
          in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

SJ,,, are you still keeping up the appearances in the shop? or perhaps were going back into your old habits of slothism ???

I know right - im one to talk - but this isn't about me right now it's about you... ---------- ?

Comment

I was going to suggest that you buy or make a new one to force the old one to appear, but you got there ahead of me...
              "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
                met a guy who 3 or 4 of everything who offered up that explanation. I believe him. Never seen a place like, no woman's influence and every room in the house ended up packed with engineering or hobby stuff of one kind or another. Of course many would think thats a good thing
                I don't remember meeting you but it sure sounds to me like you've taken my nickel tour.

Comment

Did you look in the kitchen?That's where I lose stuff,thread gauges,micrometers,cordless drills and what not.
                  I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Here's a tip. When looking for something and can't find it quickly, then look for something else, then you will come across the first thing you were looking for. Works for me sometimes.
                    Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                      SJ,,, are you still keeping up the appearances in the shop? or perhaps were going back into your old habits of slothism ???

I know right - im one to talk - but this isn't about me right now it's about you... ---------- ?
                      No shop is quite tidy to say it's a working shop. One area is a bit of a mess where I have a lathe in pieces fitting DRO, tailstock DRO, and a bit of sanding down ready for a quick flash over to clean up.

The radius turning attachment is a bit of a mystery. It has it's own box, one thats easily recognisable, and has always lived on a shelf at the back of the lathe. Doesn't get used much.
                      If it hadn't been put away then the box would be on the bench but that gets cleared a few times a week.

Only need to make 4 rollers @ 17.5mm radius in nylon. 15 minute job to do it with the attachment and probably 1 hour to do it on the CNC lathe as got to remember how to program it. The wizards in Mach don't do a concave radius on the length of a bar.

Probably quicker to grind the radius on the end of an old file for 4 off. In fact think that's what I'll do

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Hang on, what happened to the boring head???

Regards Ian.
                        You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Circlip View Post
                          Hang on, what happened to the boring head???

Regards Ian.

Sold it, got an all singling, all dancing boring and facing head now but the bracket went with the old head.

All may not be lost, parcel just arrived from the purveyor of shiny goods in Leicester, yoo hoo, more toys.

Comment

If it's the purveyors in Archdale St, won't you be needing to fit it to a C3 so that you can then attach the C3 to your lathe's toolpost?
                            Location- Rugby, Warwickshire. UK

Comment

No you need one of these Gismo's to add on to it.

Ironically enough, made by some ugly bastard in a shed not too far from where I'm typing.

Can't use the C3, Debs has it in her kitchen.

Comment

Working...
                              X