OT: Southeast Old Threshers Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie,

maybe next year, I usually can be found at the pub nearby cooling off with a dark one.

Samuel

Comment

lynnl, no, I'm first generation Georgian. The rest of my family is from Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee.

Cecil, I was just wondering if you were related to the late Ralph T. Walker, gunsmith and owner of Walker Arms in Selma.
      Used copies of his books, 'Hobby Gunsmithing' and 'Blackpowder Gunsmithing' are what really sparked my interest in gunsmithing. I later got a first printing of Roy Dunlap's 'Gunsmithing' which also turns my crank, but Ralph's personality really seemd to come through in his writing. I really wish I could have met him and thanked him for writing my two favorite books in the world. I reread them on a regular basis. Seemed like he was a heckuva guy. He was very knowledgable, and his writing style was both easy to undrstand, and fun to read.

No, I don't work on other peoples guns. It's just a hobby for me. I'd like to do it for a living, but life has a way of interfering.

Comment

Working...
      X