Keith Fenner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Fenner

Haven't seen new videos in some time now.

He's not all done is he?
    Len

I watched the second video about his roller kits yesterday and got the impression he's swamped with orders for them. My guess would be that between the rollers and his regular customers he has little time for videos or editing.

Comment

Originally posted by firbikrhd1 View Post
      I watched the second video about his roller kits yesterday and got the impression he's swamped with orders for them. My guess would be that between the rollers and his regular customers he has little time for videos or editing.
      Plus he's got the "toolbox giveaway " to think about as well.
      he still puts the odd video on his facebook page.

Comment

I need a Keith fix too.

Comment

He went in for a surgery right after posting the second roller video. He will return in good time...

Comment

Surgery--I thought He was good enough to do His own
            mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

He's is still posting regularly on the Machining Youtube group on Facebook. He is taking some time to fix up his baby (car). He also recently had a death in the family. He'll be back before you know it.
              Cheers,
              Gary

Comment

What "roller kit"? (I haven't watched anywhere near all his vidoes.)

Doc.
                Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Nickel View Post
                  What "roller kit"? (I haven't watched anywhere near all his vidoes.)

Doc.
                  Its his most recent

Comment

The Wright Roller Kit-

http://turnwrightmachineworks.com/th...t-roller-kits/

The plans for it are right there,but the kit is a deal if you have to go buy or scrounge all the pieces.

No affiliation,usual disclaimers
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

He perhaps threw something in the bin and forgot to let go of it?

(sorry. I just had to do that.)

Comment

Why would you need a kit of parts for one of these ?

Surely anyone could make a set to suit what they needed as opposed to a fixed plan set, just from looking at the photo ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson View Post

Surely anyone could make a set to suit what they needed as opposed to a fixed plan set, just from looking at the photo ?
                          You and I could walk out in the shed and have what we need in a matter of minutes.Lot's of folks don't have that option though,so for them it might be a good deal and they buy the kit.
                          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson View Post

If you actually watch the videos you will see that you don't "need" a kit of parts IF you have the ability to make your own - and he made that clear. He says if you want to hunt down all the material and cut it to size yourself - then go for it! He provides his drawings for FREE to anyone who wants to follow them or use them as a starting point for designing their own - which he also made clear in his videos. He points out that they can be bolted together for the folks that don't own welders. Not "anyone" owns a welder. The guy is just trying to provide a service to his viewers by selling the pre-cut material AT COST and make it worth HIS time as well. Apparently it's working.

I made my own version of rollers a long time ago, but ordered one of these kits anyway just to support the guy. I've found a lot more useful machining content on his Youtube channel than I've found here for quite some time now...

Comment

Why waste time making one when you can get them off the shelf.
                              The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Comment

Working...
                              X