RH Indexable RH Facing Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RH Indexable RH Facing Tools

I bought a kit of indexable facing tools. It came with two RH facing holders. SDJCR which holds a 55deg diamond, and SWGCR which holds a 80deg trigon.

A couple of questions:

(1) both tools are listed as RH Facing tools. When would I select one versus the other?

(2) should the shank of the holder be parallel or perpendicular to the face?

(3) in the spirit of teaching a man to fish, are there tech sheet somewhere that will help a guy figure this out for himself?

thanks for the help

I would use the them both for turning & facing, both shanks parallel to the face. Depending on shank size and hole size, they may be used for boring with the shank perpendicular to the face.

My version - Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him to fish and he won't want to work anymore.
    Kansas City area

Comment

For what it's worth, The insert that you have may make your choice easy. In my case, I have no Trigon inserts in stock, so............. With a new set of insert holders, you need to try all of them anyway, unless you already have favorites from the past.

In my case, I get castoff inserts from my buddy's shop. The castoffs determine what I use.

TC
      I cut it off twice; it's still too short
      Oregon, USA

Comment

Working...
      X