Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Most Modern CNC Machines In The World" video...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Most Modern CNC Machines In The World" video...

Im sure someone will find this interesting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQeO...9SWrmNHKP1mDXZ

_
    ~ What was once an Opinion, became a Fact, to be later proven Wrong ~
    http://site.thisisjusthowidoit.com
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thisisjusthowidoit

Hell of an expensive candlestick there, wonder what well be seeing in 30 years time!
    Mark

Comment

Somebody should give their marketing department an English lesson "Modern" just means the newest, not the best or the most advanced.

Comment

I think that's been linked before. There's also been one where they mill a billet crank. I don't know if that was a machine tool manufacturer or a tool supply house. As amazing some of the stuff todays cnc's can do think what some of the oldtimersdid with purely manual machines. Oh, do you know whast country has the largest by sales volume Machine Tool Industry? Well I'll tell you one thing it ain't the US. Its one of those really low wage, low tax countries. Germany ring a bell. If anybody tells you that it is imposible for any high wage nation to compete in the world market they're full of........well you know what their full of. The trick is of course is to produce high quality products. Not stuff that gets number crunched until all the wuality is gone
        Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

Read an article about the state of the modern machine tool industry worldwide. The US is in 8th place in terms sales. Germany is #1. The current US output is about 12.5% of what it probably should be relative to the size of the US economy. There are obviously a number of reasons for that but government policy that discouraged manufacurers from having machines on hand ready to sell due to inventory taxes yet allowed companies likke Mazak to ship machines into bonded warehouses in the US and hold them there until they were shipped. It ws only at the time hey left the warehouse they "entered" the US and went through customs. Mazak at that timed could ship a standard cnc lathe or VMC in three weeks from the order date. The only reaon for he three week delay was so he customer could get their act together interms of having electrical and any special flooring requirements taken care of. When I heard his crap in the early 90s iirc my first houghht was "well thanks Washington, help out the competition and screw the americans workingb for Giddings and Lewis, LeBlond-Makino and all the other manufacturers"
          Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

CNC in the DPRK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=uzmligahXSY

If you set your heart on anything
            We follow the program making the Songun era machine technology's pride; our style CNC technology

(chorus)

CNC - Juche industry's power!
            CNC - an example of self-strength and reliance!
            Following the General's leading path
            Breakthrough the cutting edge

Arirang! Arirang! The people's pride is high
            Let's build a science-technology great power
            Happiness rolls over us like a wave.

Comment

these really high end machines are definitely impressive, but as a guy that works in a high volume shop and rebuilds machines, they seem more suited to a one-off manufacturer- i just dont see how any volume could be generated on one of these, and if mostly to eliminate multiple fixturing requirements of one-offs, would sure expect likelihood of a 'oops' would be way up there... imagine crashing that thing- $$$$$$$

i almost think if a engineer designed a part complex enough to justify one of these to produce it, maybe they should rethink it?
              high volume stuff might justify a 'fixed' setup on a dial, but expensive as a dial transfer might be to tool up, they can be pretty durable and nothing can outpace one...sometimes i think the oldschool stuff made more sense, big, heavy, simple with a ton of reliability...

Comment

Wow! As someone newly interested in machining, that was very cool! If you'll humor a novice question, why or how is there no need to for coolant/lubrication?

Comment

Coolant just messes up cool videos. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-Mike View Post
                    ...why or how is there no need to for coolant/lubrication?
                    Yeah, in lots of videos the machines are slowed down and run without coolant, otherwise you wouldn't see anything. In a "working" environment they'd be running faster and flooded with coolant...
                    Keith

Comment

why or how is there no need to for coolant/lubrication?
                      They turn it off to film the video.
                      I'm sure their inserts didn't last very long without coolant.

Comment

Ha. Not sure what I was thinking, that should have been obvious. So there's no heat and friction defying technology yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-Mike View Post
                          Ha. Not sure what I was thinking, that should have been obvious. So there's no heat and friction defying technology yet...
                          Well there is, and it's powered by my over-unity perpetual-energy generator with backup HHO-gas burner. And it is based off of the same technology that allows me to enlarge any part of your body (*nudge* hello ladies...) with a simple pill.

Sadly I've tried to get word out via email and discussion forum but people keep laughing at me.

Now if you excuse me, I left my invisibility cloak on top of my anti-gravity device and it floated off. Good thing the windows are closed...
                          This is the ending.... still your need is driven on (driven on) as we trigger one more bomb...

Comment

Oddly the guys from fanuc and sandvick came to where I'd installed the robodrills, the tips were failing quite regularly, finish was poor, we shut the coolant off and ran dry, higher feed and deeper cut, problem solved, the tips were dying from thermal shock inflicted by the coolant!, I was surprised to say the least
                            What sandvick said was that the tip when in the cut gets hot then gets flood cooled or quenched if you will repeatedly causing premature edge failure.
                            The tips work better if left hot, also the deeper cut and higher feed meant the heat was being shed with the chips.
                            The cutters were generating sounds like that organ thing in the film the goonies, and the chips were glowing at thier hottest, blue most of the time, the guy from fanuc concurred with sandvick in that these machines work better with high removal rates and no coolant, which I admit to finding counter intuitive myself, but having seen the finishes you get, tool life and removal rate they must know what thier talking about.
                            They took me to a few other places where the same was seen, Fords engine plant and a place making artificial hip joints from some quite exotic stuff, hardly any coolant in view.
                            Air mist at worst,
                            Mark

Comment

Working...
                            X