Tool Gloat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Gloat!

Radial Drill Press, 6' high column 3' reach co it will drill to the center og 6'. Funny story I made a $300 offer which the guy didn't take as he said it was sold & I knew his motivation was room & he wanted it gone so a week & a half later he calls & asked if I still wanted it & I said sure for $300 & asked didn't you have it sold. He said a guy showed up with $500 & a harbor freight frailer & small car. The seller warned him the traler was too light but the buyer was sure it would work so he sat it on, crushed the trailer & he hasn't heard back from him & wanted it gone. Picked it up last night. A lot of drill for $300 & everything works smooth & tight & a CASEN brand. Ebay has one for $5500 obo. It's for my young friend I'm helping set up a shop. The 16" SB $500 lathe I sold him is in the back ground. He's going to very sucsessful & a great young man!
    Last edited by flylo; 11-06-2015, 07:56 AM.
    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
    country, in easy stages."
    ~ James Madison

Originally posted by flylo View Post
    It's for my young friend I'm helping set up a shop.
    Fantastic find! May I be the first to attest to your prodigious suckage?

Your friend is lucky to have such a mentor!

Comment

extreme suckage, one day I hope to rehome a similar beast!

Comment

Fantastic!

You suck!

Comment

I need a friend like you. Looks like a nice drill, and if everything works that's a steal of a price. I wish I could of seen the trailer.

Comment

What pray tell will a newbie machinist do with a monstrosity like that radial drill? It will take up a fair amount of room and it will likely be the largest drill press among his peers but as far as practical use, there won't be much for a newbie.

It is a lot of machine for the money. Just not very practical for most people.

Brian
            OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

With all the kit he's starting out with, suck-sesful is more like it, he's lucky and your kind, well done
              Mark

Comment

Originally posted by bborr01 View Post
                What pray tell will a newbie machinist do with a monstrosity like that radial drill? It will take up a fair amount of room and it will likely be the largest drill press among his peers but as far as practical use, there won't be much for a newbie.

It is a lot of machine for the money. Just not very practical for most people.

Brian
                He's a very good CNC machinist & does it for a living but the shop he's setting up is a business using manual machines & needs this for drilling dies & plans on doing all the manual work the shop he works at & other CNC shop send out now. Kind of like that manual job you did a couple years ago. I think it's a great idea & he'll do well & will be totally independent in a year.
                ~ James Madison

Comment

Good score,nearly lost my mouthfull of coffee reading squashed trailer, hats off to you for helping young guy getting started.

Comment

Oh how I wish we had a video of the trailer getting crushed by the drill.

PS. you suck.

Comment

The first buyer is lucky that the trailer was destroyed at the seller's location. The alternative outcome would be for the POS trailer to self destruct while he was driving down the road. Then he would have been out the trailer, the investment in the drill, and possibly his car and health. He got off easy.
                      Fred Townroe

Comment

I asked the seller if the 1st buyer was going to get a refund of his deposit & he told me yes so he's just out the trailer if he ever calls back.
                        ~ James Madison

Comment

How did they load it onto the trailer? Drop it? Lower it with a forklift or hoist?

Short of dropping it, why would anyone keep lowering a load onto a trailer when it is obviously crushing it?

Brian
                          OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

I wasn't there when they loaded it for the 1st buyer but I'm sure it was with a forklift as they loaded it on my flatbed. The seller warned the 1st buyer it was too much for the trailer but you know how people are. I buy 2"x27 ratchet straps by the case as people show up with 3/4" H-F straps for strapping a mill. We both saw a 3/8" chain break loading the ironworker, remember?
                            Haul-Master 61524 1 in. x 15 ft. Ratcheting Tie Downs 4 Pc
                            400 lb. Capacity 1 in. x 15 ft. Ratcheting Tie Downs 4 Pc

Haul-Master - Item#61524 400# straps

870 lb. Capacity Utility Trailer

Haul-Master - Item#42708
                            Last edited by flylo; 11-06-2015, 02:29 PM.
                            ~ James Madison

Comment

It's been said, around Michigan Flylo is referred to as 'Bylo'?????

Comment

Working...
                              X